IIM Lucknow declared CAT 2017 Result on 8th January 2018(Today). The result is available now on the official website https://iimcat.ac.in/. The result can be viewed by entering candidate’s login details. No score cards are sent via post.
It is a national level entrance exam conducted every year by Indian Institute of Managements (IIMs) on a rotational basis for MBA/PGDM and likewise program. A total of 20 IIMs and over 100+ top B-Schools of the nation will be accepting the CAT 2017 score.
CAT 2017 Result Highlights
|CAT 2018 RESULT||8th January 2018(Declared)|
|CAT Scorecard validity||1 year|
|Results will be declared at||https://iimcat.ac.in/|
|Minimum Eligibility for Selection||CAT Score as per CAT Cut off|
|Results will display||Scaled score; percentile score|
Latest Application Form Available 2018
Steps for Checking CAT 2017 Result
- Visit the official website of CAT https://iimcat.ac.in/
- Click on ‘existing user’ tab
- Click on CAT 2018 Scorecard
- Enter user ID and password and click on submit
- Access your scorecard and get printed copies for future reference.
Scorecard Model Based on Previous Years
The scorecard will constitute of the following:
- Personal Details: The Personal Details include the following information:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Candidate’s Contact Details: This includes a candidate’s postal address and their email id provided during CAT Registration.
- Category Details: Category details include information if the candidate is from General, NC-OBC, or SC/ST category. The CAT 2017 scorecard also shows a candidate’s PWD/DA status.
- Test Details: Test details, in CAT 2017 score card, includes CAT 2017 Registration number/Login id, test date and slot.
- Scaled score: CAT exam is conducted in multiple slots which may have question paper o different difficulty level. In order to ensure fairness the scores of all the candidates are scaled.
- Section-wise score
- Composite score
- Percentile score: It is relative marks obtained by the candidate.
Calculated by: Percentile score= Number of candidates who scored less than your score total number of candidate ×100
- Sectional percentile
- Overall percentile
Section wise score includes: Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR), and Section III: Quantitative Ability (QA)
CAT score normalization
The CAT score normalization process formula is as follows:
Normalized mark (Mijn) of jth candidate in i th slot, is given by
Mij is the actual marks obtained by the jth candidate in the ith slot,
Mgtis the average marks of the top 0.1% % candidates in all slots,
Mgqis the sum of mean and standard deviation of marks of all candidates in all slots,
Mtiis the average of marks of top 0.1 % candidates in the ith slot,
Miq is the sum of mean and standard deviation of marks of all candidates in the ith slot.
CAT 2017 Cut Off
Cut Off determines whether the candidate is eligible to sit for next round of selection in a specific institute. Each IIM is free to mandate their own eligibility criteria which could include academic cut off and relative weights. The cut off marks depend upon a number of factors like:
- Number of students
- Seat availability
- Difficulty level, etc.
The Cut off marks will be published later separately for various categories like ST/NC-OBC and DA/PWD.
The CAT Scores are allowed to be used by the listed non-IIM member institutions. List of non-IIM member institutions that have registered to avail the CAT scores is provided on the official website of CAT.
Every IIM has their own selection procedure.
They will have a GROUP DISCUSSION/WRITTEN ABILITY TEST and PERSONAL INTERVIEW round.
Short listing of candidates is based on CAT score, academic performance, work experience, GD/PI performance.
Verification of Documents
Documents are verified at the time of IIM selection process. The short listed candidates must produce the following original documents guidelines:
- Degree Certificates/Mark-sheets
- Caste Certificate
- PwD Certificate
- Passing Certificate of Final Year of Graduation/Qualifying Examination
CAT 2017 Reservation
Reservation as per the policy governed by the Government of India.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes – Non-creamy layer (NC-OBC)||27%|
|Persons with Disability(PwD)/Differently Abled (DA)||3%|
CAT Result Trends
|Year||No. of candidates appeared||Scores obtained||Conversion into percentile|
|2014||1,67,829||268.700 – 261.740||100|
|2015||1,79,602||254.61 – 249.9||100|
|215.54 – 215.43||99.89|