IIM Calcutta is expected to issue the CAT 2018 Admit Card in the month of October. Candidates can download CAT Admit Card from the official website, iimcat.ac.in. To download, simply login with the username and password credentials generated at the time of registration.
CAT 2018 Admit Card contains details about the personal information, test venue details and other exam day related instructions for candidates. The admit card must be carefully preserved till completion of all the exam related process. This article focuses on covering all the essential information on admit card including details on how to download admit and FAQs.
The tentative window for downloading CAT Admit Card is from 25th October to 25th November. Admit Cards are released online for those candidates only who submit their duly filled form within the allotted time frame. Candidates can easily download their admit card through the following steps:
- No requests for receiving admit cards via post or any other mode will be entertained
- Details in the admit card such as personal information, photograph, etc. are mapped based on the details provide by candidates in Application Form.
Read More About CAT 2018 Application Form
- All the details must correctly match with the information in the official records.
- CAT convening authority will not accept any request for modifying particulars provided in application form after the admit card is released.
- In case of any discrepancies in the admit card with respect to information provided in application form, candidates must immediately contact the authorities. The helpline number is 1800-266-3549 or can drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates should carry valid ID proof with them to the examination center.
Latest Application Form Available 2018
CAT 2018 Admit Card Highlights
|Availability of CAT Admit Card||October 25th, 2018|
|CAT 2017 Exam Date||November 26th, 2018|
|Mode of availability||Online|
|Official Website for CAT||iimcat.ac.in|
|Number of exam centers||All over India|
|Documents to carry on exam day||Candidates’ ID Proof|
|CAT Helpline Deskemail@example.com or call at 1800 266 3549|
People Also Read About
Important Dates for CAT 2018 Admit Card
Important dates are announced by Indian Institute of Management on the official website for the CAT exam. Here are some important dates mentioned for CAT 2018 Admit Card-
|Last Date to Fill Application Form||September 25th 2018|
|Release of Admit Card||October 24th, 2018|
|Exam Date||November 25th, 2018|
*Dates are tentative
How to download CAT 2018 Admit Card
Candidates can easily download their Admit cards from the official website of IIM Calcutta by providing their Login Details. Steps to download Admit Card-
- Log onto the Official website of Indian Institute of Management. https://iimcat.ac.in/
- Click on download ADMIT CARD 2018 from the options on the notice board.
- Fill in your user ID and password
- After you fill your details, you will be redirected to your Admit card. Review all your details in it.
- After reviewing all your details, click on Download Admit Card option.
- Download and save it for future use.
Details on CAT Admit Card
Hall Tickets or Admit card for the entrance exam contains some of the most important information such as the personal and examination details. Following are the details mentioned on CAT Admit Card-
- Name of the candidate
- Date of birth of the candidate
- CAT 2018 Registration Number and User ID
- Candidate category – Whether the candidate belongs to General category or Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe or Differently Able
- Test Schedule – Date and slot of CAT 2018
- Test venue – name and address of the Exam centre
- Test system number
- Candidate signature
- Candidate photograph
- Test day instructions
Only those candidates who have completed the CAT 2018 application process by paying the application fee will be able to download the CAT admit card 2018.
Discrepancy in CAT Admit Card
In case of any discrepancies or correction in the admit card, candidates must contact the authorities at Indian Institute of Management’s official immediately.
Following are few discrepancies that can be found on the Admit cards-
- Candidates name is misspelled
- Category is incorrect in the hall ticket
- Allotted test city is different from the one selected during CAT registration
- If photograph is not visible properly on the admit card
In any query or concern, candidates can contact the ‘Help Desk’ by e-mail at the official helpline site firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 1800 266 3549.
Before contacting candidates must have their CAT User ID and/Payment Transaction Number details at hand for reference.
List of Documents Required with CAT Admit Card
Candidates should compulsorily carry their ID proofs along with them to the examination date. List of acceptable documents with Admit Card are mentioned herein:
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhar UID
- Driving License
It is mandatory for candidates to carry the requisite documents for any verification to the designated exam centers.
CAT 2018 Exam Centers
CAT is conducted across the country every year. CAT 2018 exam centers will be located in more than 140 cities in the country.
The Exam Centers will be announced on the official website of Indian Institute of Management by the end of July.
Candidates can choose their exam centers according to their own choice and can fill it during filling their application forms.
Important Instructions on Admit Card
CAT 2017 Admit card includes some important examination instructions for the candidates. Some of the exam related instructions which will be printed on CAT admit card 2018 are given below.
- Candidates must reach their CAT Exam Centre as per the mentioned examination slot.
- Any discrepancies in CAT Admit card will debar candidates from taking the exam and lead to cancellation of candidature.
- Candidates must not change any entries written on admit card as it will be verified during the bio metric process before the exam.
- Candidates should CAT hall tickets for future use as it will be used during the admission process also.
- Do not carry any item which is unfair or used as an object for cheating at the exam hall.
- In case of any problems related to admit card candidates must contact examination authority at Indian Institute of Management Lucknow.
- As per CAT Exam pattern the computer based test will be for three hours duration carrying 100 questions from three sections – VARC, DI & LR and QA. Among the total questions, some may be multiple choice questions or some may be a non-multiple choice.
Ans: The admit card can be accessed directly from the official website, iimcat.ac.in. To download the admit card, simple login using registration number and password. CAT 2018 Admit Card is expected to be available in the fourth week of October. No candidates will receive admit card via mail on the registered email id or post. In case the hall ticket is not received, candidates can use the following means:
Call at Toll Free No.: 18002663549
Sent email at: email@example.com
Ans: Unfortunately candidates are only allowed entry to the exam centres with original id card. Only original ID proof will be accepted for verification.
Ans: CAT 2018 Admit Card is expected is to be available by third week of October on the official site for download. However, judging by the trends in last 4 years, candidates should expect some delay in the release of admit cards from the date mentioned in the official notification.
Candidates can check below the last 4 year trends for the release of admit card:
|CAT exam year||Scheduled date of CAT Admit Card Release||Actual Date of CAT Admit Card release||CAT Convening IIM|
|CAT 2014||October 16, 2014||October 19, 2014||IIM Indore|
|CAT 2015||October 15, 2015||October 25, 2015||IIM Ahmedabad|
|CAT 2016||October 18, 2016||October 24, 2016||IIM Bangalore|
|CAT 2017||October 18, 2017||October 25, 2017||IIM Lucknow|
Ans: CAT is a Computer Based Entrance Test. So, all the final candidates are allotted a computer system at the exam centres. Test System Number will allow candidates to locate their computer system and floor at the venue. Test System Number should not be confused for candidates’ Reference Number. Only Reference Numbers are to be quoted in case of any query by the applicants.
Ans: Since, the number of applicants is very high and only selected centres with proper facility for computers can host the entrance exam, CAT Exam Centres cannot be changed post completion of the examination process. Candidates have to appear for the test at the assigned test venue printed on CAT 2018 Admit Card and no requests for change of examination centres at later stages will be entertained.
Ans: No. Firstly, no candidate is allowed to carry any electronic gadgets or devices to the exam centres. The invigilators at the centres will only verify printed copy of CAT 2018 Admit Card. Under no circumstances, candidates will be allowed to carry anything except Hall Ticket and ID card inside the examination hall.
Ans: The Testing Assistive (TA devices) are technical aids which are specifically designed to facilitate candidates with disabilities to perform certain tasks successfully.