CAT Application Form is released by iimcat.ac.in. CAT 2018 is scheduled for November 25, 2018. The registration process for CAT is paperless and aspirants can only apply on the official site. The online application form window is open till the the third week of September.
The actual dates for start of CAT 2018 Application Form is expected to be announced after the official notification is published in the month of July. IIM Calcutta is expected to be the convener for CAT 2018. Looking at previous year trends, candidates can register for entrance till the final week of September while CAT Admit Card is expected to be available from 2nd week of October, 2018.
- CAT 2018 Application Fee is hiked to INR 1900 from INR 1800 last year.
- Competition is expected to grow this academic season with more than 2 lac aspirants expected to register for CAT.
- For any query or assistance, candidates can reach out to CAT helpdesk at 1800-2663-549 or [email protected]
- Candidates must go through and comply with all the eligibility criteria before filling the online application form.
- In order to avoid discrepancy in the application form keep all the original documents handy while filling CAT 2018 Application form.
- Candidates must submit the duly filled the application form and submit it within the last date along with the payment of application fee.
- The application fee is chargeable as per the category of the candidates
People Also Read About
CAT Application Form Highlights
The table below is a quick glimpse of the all the crucial information related to CAT 2018 Application Form:
|Beginning of CAT 2018 registration online||August, 2018|
|Last Date of CAT 2018 online registration||September, 2018|
|Mode of registration||Online|
|Mode of submission of Application Form||Online|
|Method of Application form filling||Registration, Filling of Application Form, Uploading of documents and Fee payment.|
|CAT 2018 Application Fee||Category-wise|
|Mode of payment of Application Fee||Online (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking)|
Candidates who are willing to appear for CAT 2018 should be well accustomed with the upcoming dates and the related date given in the below table:
|Starting of CAT 2018 Application Form Filling process||August 08, 2018|
|Closing of CAT 2018 Application Form Filling process||September 19, 2018|
|Release of CAT 2018 Admit card||October 24, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Exam Date||November 25, 2018|
Eligibility for CAT
The minimum eligibility to apply for CAT is possessing graduation in a relevant discipline. Aspirants can find below more details about CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent CGPA, with a minimum of 50% marks [Candidates who belong to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons With Disability (PWD) categories must hold at least 45%], from any recognized University or educational body as included by an Act of the Parliament.
- Candidates who have an equivalent qualification accepted by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India can apply.
- Candidates who are about to appear for the final year of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent examination and those who have already completed degree examinations but are awaiting results are eligible. Such candidates, if qualified, will be allowed to join the course conditionally, only if they produce a certificate from the Principal / Registrar of their University/institution declaring that they have satisfied all the conditions for obtaining the degree.
- The percentage of marks will be calculated based on the calculation pattern of the concerned University/Institution.
|Name of the Category||Eligible Marks (in percentage)|
Applicants incapable of fulfilling the eligibility criteria will not be permitted for short listing by IIMs.
Step by Step Guide to FIll CAT Application Form
Candidates need a valid email account and phone number to successfully apply for CAT 2018. The documents that must be kep handy for reference while filling form are listed below:
- 10th and 12th standard Mark-sheets
- Mark-sheets of Bachelor Degree (If any)
- List of the degrees for which candidates are choosing to apply
Filling CAT Application Form online is not at all difficult task to accomplish. We have listed below all the steps to successfully fill and submit CAT Application Form without any hassle.
Step 1: Registration
As you might have already guessed, registration at official website of the CAT i.e., www.iimcat.ac.in is the first step. Candidates will also create their login credentials in this process.
- Visit the official website mentioned above.
- Click on the ‘Register Now’ option.
- Enter all the required details: Name, Date of Birth, Email Id, Mobile Number.
- Preview all the details including the contact information to avoid any discrepancy in receiving any important notification related to CAT 2018.
- Enter the Captcha code as will be displayed on the window to confirm the registration.
- After successful registration, all the details will be displayed on the screen.
- System generated User Id and Password are also forwarded to registered mail id and phone number.
Step 2: Logging in
- Enter all the information such as ‘User Id’ and ‘Password’
- The ‘User Id’ will be generated by the system and sent to the given email Id. In case of foreign candidates, the ‘User Id’ and ‘Password’ will be intimated via email.
- Click on the ‘log in’ Tab.
- Candidates who forgot the password can request for a reset link to their registered email id by clicking on ‘Forgot Password’ tab.
Step 3: Filling of Application form
The third step is all about entering all the details in the application form using the log in details.
- Visit the official website www.iimcat.ac.in.
- Click on ‘Existing User’ tab.
- Log in by entering “User Id” and “Password”.
- Enter all the details in the application form.
- It is mandatory to fill the ‘*’ marked fileds.
- Proceed to the other section after clicking ‘Save and Continue’
Step 4: Uploading of Documents
Scan and Upload the following documents:
- Recent colored passport size photograph not more than six months. The size must not exceed 80 Kb.
- Caste Certificate (if any)
- Academic Qualification Details
- Work Experience (if any)
- Course applying for
- Test Centers
Specifications for Uploading Documents
|Required Documents||Dimension and Type of File|
|Photograph||Dimension – 30 mm X 45 mm File Format – .jpg or .jpeg File Size – <= 80 Kb|
|Signature||Dimension – 80 mm X 35 mm File Format – .jpg or .jpeg File Size – <= 80 Kb|
|NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate||Self-attested Scanned as pdf document|
|PwD/DA Certificate||Self-attested Scanned as pdf document|
Step 5: Fee Payment
The application fee for CAT 2018 should only be submitted online only via authorized payment gateways (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking) excluding transaction charges. Category wise fee is indicated below:
|Category||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
The additional transaction charges are mentioned tabulated below:
|Rs 20 per transaction|
|Credit Card (Visa / Master)
|Credit Card (American Express)
|Debit Card (Visa / Master)
After completion of all the procedure stated above click the preview confirmation and ‘I Agree’ tab. Download the application summary and print it for future reference.
Download Official CAT Registration Guide
Details in Application Form
Candidates need to enter the following details in CAT 2018 Application Form:
- Personal Details
- Academic Qualification Details
- Work experience (if any)
- Payment of fees
- Mobile number along with the area code
- Test center preference
Note: In case of change in the name of the candidate, court affidavits or marriage certificate is mandatory to submit along with the application form.
Candidate Query Form
Candidates can make use of the Query Form in case of any query or grievance related to CAT 2018 Application Form, Payment of Fees and Admit Card. To access and use the form, follow the steps indicated below:
- Post registration, candidates can click on query registration form tab and create their query
- Specify the problem category and problem type
- Finally, enter the problem statement and submit the query
- Candidates can later find the status of query by providing Query Number and Registration Number on the same tab.
Application Form Correction
Once candidates have clicked the preview confirmation and ‘I Agree’ tab, no changes or modification can be done in the application form under any circumstances. Thus, it is recommended to the applicants to thoroughly preview and cross-check the information on the application form before submission.
Answer: CAT 2018 application portal supports all the popular and updated versions of Firefox, Chorme and Explorer.
Answer: The application fee should be submitted only via online through various payment procedure including transaction charges.
Answer: The minimum qualifying marks should be 50% for General candidates and 45% for Sc/ST/other candidates.