CAT (Common Admission Test) 2018 would be conducted by IIM-Calcutta on Nov 25, 2018. Last year, IIM Lucknow held the exam and drafted a set of instructions to be followed by the candidates while appearing in the exam on exam day.
CAT is a national level management entrance exam conducted every year by one of the IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) on rotation to provide admission in PG management programs offered by IIMs and other top notch b-schools. The admit card for CAT 2018 is scheduled to be issued from October 24.
Here are the set of guidelines to be followed on exam day by the aspirants:
- Candidates are not allowed to wear jewellery and shoes inside the exam hall.
- If any electronic gadget is found with a candidate, their exam would be cancelled on the spot. So, it is advisable for students not to take any electronic gadget with them inside the examination hall.
- Be on time on exam day. Always reach the centre prior to the reporting time. For morning session, reach the exam centre sharp 7:30 am and for afternoon session, reach the centre positively at 1:00 pm.
- No other document except admit card and photo ID proof are allowed inside the examination hall.
- Candidates have to carry Scribe Educational Qualifications Affidavit with themselves (only those who have opted for scribe).
- Do not forget to paste your colored photograph (same as uploaded in the application form) on the admit card.
Other latest events and dates associated with CAT 2018 are as follows:-
- CAT Application form released on Aug 8, 2018 and was closed on Sep 26, 2018.
- Application Form Image Correction Window was enabled from Sep 27, 2018 till Sep 30, 2018 for the candidates who have uploaded blurred images or in improper format to upload the relevant ones.
- Admit card would be released on Oct 24, 2018.
- Exam being conducted by IIM-Calcutta would be held on Nov 25, 2018.
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should hold bachelor degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% (for general category) and for reserved categories such as SC/ST/PWD, minimum marks secured in graduation must be 45%.
- The degree must be awarded by any one of the Universities included by an act of the central or a state legislature in India.
- Candidates who are appearing in the final year of their graduation as well those who have graduated are eligible to apply.
How to fill CAT Application Form?
- Login on official website of CAT using your registration number and password allotted previously.
- Fill in the asked details and upload scanned images of the documents in prescribed format.
- Make preference in the programs provided and choice of interview cities.
- Make payment of CAT application form as per the category you lie in.
CAT 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus for CAT 2018 consists of 3 sections:
- Quantitative aptitude.
- Verbal ability and reading comprehension.
- Data interpretation and logical reasoning.
The guidelines for CAT 2018 would soon be released by IIM-Calcutta but we can always have a rough idea from the previous year’s set of instructions and must try to stick to them firmly.