CAT 2018 is scheduled in online mode for November 25, 2018. With barely few days left for the exam day, candidates must go through the list of all items allowed or disallowed inside the exam premises.
IIM Calcutta, the conducting authority for this years’ edition of CAT has issued a media release which clearly prohibits wearing any jewellery, shoes and jackets on the day of exam. As per the press release, nearly 2.41 lakh candidates have successfully submitted the application form.
Open footwear like chappals are allowed on the day of CAT Exam. IIM Calcutta has instructed all the applicants to carry only important documents such as CAT Admit Card, Photo ID proof, required medical certificate and scribe affidavit to exam venue.
The security measures at all the exam centres of CAT 2018 will be very heavy to prevent any forgery, false impersonation or any other malicious activities in the examination this year. Therefore, failure to comply with any instructions issued in the press release can lead to unnecessary time delay or even debarment from appearance in the exam.
Get latest news and updates of CAT 2018 by entering your details in below given form:
Important Checkpoints for CAT 2018 Exam Day
- Wearing jewellery with any kind of metal on the day of examination is strictly prohibited. Doing so can run the risk of candidates’ being denied entry during frisking.
- Footwear and jewellery are not allowed inside the examination hall/lab.
- Bringing mobile phones, calculators, stationery items, electronic gadgets, watches, etc. can lead to disqualification of your candidature.
- Candidates though can wear socks, sweaters/cardigans/plain pullovers (with no pockets) inside the examination hall.
- Candidates need to carry a medical certificate on the day of examination if any metal implant or pacemaker is placed in their body.
- Any personal belongings must be left outside the exam premises before commencement and authorities will not take responsibility for the loss of any such items.
CAT 2018 will be conducted in two separate shifts as per the official declaration: 9 am to 12 pm and 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm. Everyone is advised to report at 7:30 am for morning shift and at 1 pm for afternoon shift.