In this article you will find past 10 years CAT 2018 Sample Papers. CAT is a National level examination conducted for the students who want to get admissions to MBA/ PGDM programmes. It is abbreviated as Common Admission Test. This examination is conducted by Indian Institute of Management.
Get latest news and updates of CAT 2018 by entering your details in below given form:
For appearing in the examination, students must register themselves. The registration will starts from August 2018. CAT 2018 examination will be conducted on November 29, 2018. It is one of the most difficult entrance exams in India. So, those who are planning to appear for CAT must prepare well for the exam.
For the better preparation of the exam, students should start solving previous year sample papers. It helps them to know about the exam pattern and type of questions present in the exam. Students can obtain the sample paper through both the online and offline mode.
Importance of Sample Papers
Once students completed with CAT syllabus, they can start solving sample papers regularly. Sample paper helps the students in various following ways:
- Know the Exam Pattern:
Sample papers are prepared according to the latest CAT exam pattern and syllabus. Those who are solving sample papers regularly will easily understand the type of questions that will come in the test.
- Boosts confidence
CAT sample papers contain the questions that move from easy to tough level. With regular solving sample papers, student’s confidence level will be boosted.
- Time Management
Managing time at the time of solving paper is the main concern. Solving sample papers help students to try to solve the paper within 3 hours. Solving paper on daily basis, help candidates to complete the exam in less time.
- Self Assessment
Solving sample papers help students to know their strengths and weaknesses. They can easily recognize the area where they are lacking behind and start preparing that section in a better way.
Sample papers help brush up student’s knowledge before the final exam. It covers all the topics on any given subject.
- Marking Scheme
Candidates will get clear picture of the weightage assigned to each section. Solving sample papers help to know about the marking pattern of the questions
- CAT Sample Paper
Sample papers can boost the CAT examination preparation. Some of the sample papers can also be available along with solutions. They are available in both the online and offline modes. Students can solve the papers through online as well as offline. Following is the explanation of important points of both the online and offline sample paper:
- Offline Sample Papers
Important points of offline sample papers are listed below:
- There are no online timers that’s why students have to keep track of time manually
- Students have to keep track of their performance manually
- Sample papers can be easily obtained from the various outlets or coaching institutes
Online Sample Papers
Following are some important points of online sample papers that are listed below:
- For online sample papers timers are available
- Auto check option is also available in online sample papers
- Students can tracked their performance automatically
- They are easily available on the institute’s website
CAT 2018 Sample Papers
The following table provides the link to access previous year question papers of CAT:
|CAT 2016 paper||Download Here|
|CAT 2015 paper||Download Here|
|CAT 2014 paper||Download Here|
|CAT 2012 paper||Download Here|
|CAT 2011 paper||Download Here|
|CAT 2010 paper||Download Here|
|CAT 2009 paper||Download Here|
|CAT 2008 paper||Download Here|
|CAT 2007 paper||Download Here|
|CAT 2006 paper||Download Here|
|CAT 2005 paper||Download Here|
|CAT 2004 paper||Download Here|
|CAT 2003 paper||Download Here|
|CAT 2002 paper||Download Here|
|CAT 2001 paper||Download Here|
|CAT 2000 paper||Download Here|
Following given table provides you the link to access mock test:
|Mock Test Paper 1||Download Here||Mock Test Paper 2||Download Here|
|Mock Test Paper 3||Download Here||Mock Test Paper 4||Download Here|
|Mock Test Paper 5||Download Here||Mock Test Paper 6||Download Here|
|Mock Test Paper 7||Download Here||Mock Test Paper 8||Download Here|
|Mock Test Paper 9||Download Here||Mock Test Paper 10||Download Here|
|Mock Test Paper 11||Download Here||Mock Test Paper 12||Download Here|
|Mock Test Paper 13||Download Here||Mock Test Paper 14||Download Here|
|Mock Test Paper 15||Download Here||Mock Test Paper 16||Download Here|
|Mock Test Paper 17||Download Here||Mock Test Paper 18||Download Here|
|Mock Test Paper 19||Download Here||Mock Test Paper 20||Download Here|
|Mock Test Paper 21||Download Here||Mock Test Paper 22||Download Here|
|Mock Test Paper 23||Download Here||Mock Test Paper 24||Download Here|
CAT Previous Year Exam Pattern
Before start preparing for the examination, it is important for the candidates to know the examination pattern in advance. CAT 2017 examination was conducted on December 4, 2017. The previous year examination pattern of CAT is explained below:
- The paper will be conducted only through the online mode
- Paper is divided into four sections namely Verbal & Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude
- The paper is comprised of 100 questions
- Total time duration given to complete the paper is 3 hours i.e. (1 hour per section)
- The questions in the paper are of multiple choice questions and non-multiple choice questions
- For every correct answer +3 marks will be awarded
- -1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response
- The paper will only be available in English language
The following table shows the sectional pattern of CAT 2017:
|Section||Total number of MCQ questions||Non-MCQ questions||Total Questions|
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension||24||10||34|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||24||8||32|
Less number of questions will be asked from Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning i.e. (32). Total number of questions asked in CAT 2017 is 100.
The following table shows the important topics of different section from which the questions asked in the paper:
|Time and Work|
|Time, Speed and Distance|
|Linear and Quadratic Equation|
|Surds and Indices|
|Mensuration and Geometry|
|Tables and Case|
|Averages and Partnerships|
|Alligations and Mixtures|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||Bar Graph|
|Combination of Graphs|
|Clocks and Calendars|
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension||Sentence Correction|
|Fill in the blanks|
Some Important Tips
Following are the some important tips that students must keep in mind before start solving sample paper:
- Students must practise solving questions as much as they can. They should solve the papers on daily basis.
- Students must list down the questions that they failed to solve even their concepts are clear.
- Analyse the performance in the mock tests and evaluate the scores.
- If concepts are not clear, students are advised to discuss it with their friends and teachers in advance.
- To clear the concepts students must solve the questions on daily basis
- Do not guess the answer because for every wrong answer marks will be deducted.
- Write down some important formulas on the rough sheets which will helps in revising
- Don’t be impatient avoid making silly mistakes.
- There should also be some time for relaxation because it will give some rest to the mind.