Common Admission Test, CAT 2017 is expected to take place in November 2018. Every year one of the IIM’s is the convener of the examination which releases the official CAT Mock Test. Candidates who will be applying for CAT 2018 will be able to check for the Mock test on iimcat.ac.in once it is released. It is advisable to CAT 2018 aspirants to appear for the CAT 2018 mock test which will be released by the convening IIM on the official website.
It is probable that candidates may be appearing for CAT for the first time or are facing a computer based exam for the first time. Such candidates may also not clearly understand all the options which are available during the exam and may get confused. To overcome this confusion IIM’s release a mock test which provides an exact user interface as that of the actual CAT exam.
How to take CAT Examination 2018 Mock Test?
Step 1 – Visit official website – iimcat.ac.in
Step 2 – Click on ‘CAT 2018 Mock Test’ under Quick Tour of CAT 2018
Step 3 – Enter ‘ login ID’ and ‘Password’
Step 4 – Mock Test will appear, go through the instructions
Step 5 – Attempt the online Mock Test
Latest Application Form Available 2018
Section-wise composition of CAT 2017 Mock Test
|Section Name||Total questions||MCQs||Non-MCQs|
Non-MCQs in CAT Mock test in last 3 years
Number of non MCQs were reinstated to 28 in CAT 2017 as contrary to 25 in 2016. As given in the CAT 2017 mock test there were 28 questions in CAT 2017 which had no negative marking. Non-MCQs were introduced in the CAT exam in 2015 and their number keeps changing every year.
|CAT year||Number of Non-MCQs||Section-wise break-up in Actual CAT exam till 2016|
|2017||28 (As revealed in official CAT Mock)||VARC-10; DILR-8; QA-10|
|2015||28||VARC-10; DILR-8; QA-10|
As there are no chances of negative marking in non MCQ’s, candidates can aim to score high on such questions. The criteria to answer a Non-MCQ is that instead of marking the answer option on computer screen, the CAT candidate will have to write the answer for the Non-MCQ in the given space on the computer screen.
Instructions to take the CAT Mock Test:
- CAT Mock test can be attempted at any time.
- A total of 180 minutes would be given to candidates to attempt the CAT 2018 mock test. Candidates cannot leave the test before 180 minutes which is the completion time of the test.
- Once the candidate starts answering a section the clock which is displayed in the top right corner of the screen will start ticking. The clock will stop on completion of 60 minutes and the particular section will be locked. The submit button will get live and one needs to click on the submit button. If a candidate does not click on the submit button it will be auto-submitted. On submission/auto-submission a summary of the answers will be shown on the screen. After this, the candidate can move to the next section and start to answer the questions. The same process will be continued for all three Sections
- The answers would be color coded in the Mock Test. Candidates are recommended to go through the instructions carefully and attempt the Mock Test with patience.
- Candidates who would not have applied for CAT 2018 can also attempt the Mock test which will be available on the official website.
CAT 2018 Important Dates (Tentative)
|CAT 2018 Official Notification||1st week of August 2018|
|Start of CAT 2018 Online Registrations||1st or 2nd week of August 2018|
|Last Day of Registrations||3rd or 4th week of September 2018|
|Correction Window||Last week of September 2018|
|Issuance of CAT 2018 Admit Cards||3rd week of October 2018|
|CAT 2018 Exam Date||3rd or 4th week of November 2018|
|Declaration of CAT 2018 Results||1st or 2nd week of January 2019|
Advantages of CAT Mock Test:
- CAT mock test checks a candidates’ performance in the test.
- Solving CAT mock tests helps to Improves speed & accuracy
- Candidates appearing for CAT 2018 can devise a suitable strategy to attempt the exam by solving mock test.
- CAT Mock test makes a candidate adapt to a new CAT pattern quickly and effectively
- Helps candidates overcome nervousness by exercising self-control multiple times before the actual CAT 2018.
- Candidates can analyze their strong and weak chapters through mock tests in order to improve performance in the CAT exam.
- CAT mock test produces data for self-analysis & in comparison to other candidates.
CAT mock tests are the brilliant source for evaluating the paper pattern and also gauging the kind of questions to expect in the actual exam. The last month of CAT 2018 preparations should be dedicated to solving Mock Tests. Candidates are also advised to carefully go through the general instructions available with the CAT mock tests. Understanding the instructions well before the CAT exam will save candidate’s time.