Home » Application Process (Page 2)
Category Archives: Application Process
Preparing for CAT exam within 100 days is not at all impossible. If you make a rigorous and planned study schedule, you could enter into top IIM’s of this country and this could be a life changing moment for you. Though this will not be an easy journey, all depends on what kind of preparations you go with for your paper.
One has to let go weekends, holiday’s relaxation for 100 days and concentrate entirely towards studies. Once you get a call letter after putting in so much efforts, you will surely cherish this 100 day study period and become an example for others. In this article you will understand the CAT 100 days preparation strategy to crack the exam. It will help you surely.
Step by Step Preparation plan:
Main focus should be getting high scores in each and every section in CAT Exam. Why this is important because you have to clear sectional cut-off’s to get an IIM call, otherwise even with a 99 percentile in the CAT you can expect to be called by top IIM’s. (more…)
CAT is the premier management entrance for admission to Postgraduate programs offered by IIMs and other prominent B-Schools in the country. Preparation for CAT focuses on fostering a comprehensive strategy and then executing all the necessary steps. This article covers all the nuances involved in CAT 2018 Preparation.
The difference between an average and an exceptional performance in CAT is knowing the key topics and thorough revision with mock tests. Candidates with right preparation strategy in the last two months that includes revision and mock tests can obtain a very good percentile score. CAT toppers who have been able to crack CAT scoring 99+ percentile even with the revised CAT Exam Pattern that contains 3 sections and 100 questions, have also adopted a similar strategy in last few months of preparation.
CAT (Common Admission Test) is scheduled for November 26 in online mode and IIM Calcutta is expected to organize CAT 2018. Besides 20 IIMs, a host of other management institutions, state and central universities also accept CAT Score for admission postgraduate management programs.
People Also Read About
- CAT Syllabus
- CAT Preparations for LR/DI
- CAT Preparations for Quantitative Aptitude
- CAT Sample Papers
Toppers preparation tips to CAT Aspirants
Mock tests are essential
According to Mukesh Goyal, CAT 2016 topper, “I prepared for CAT mainly through mocks. I used to write 1-2 mocks per weekend and then analyse those mocks and make changes to my approach accordingly. I used to prepare mainly through mocks, sectional and topic specific tests” (more…)
CAT Eligibility Criteria comprises several aspects including academic qualification, age limit and nationality. All the management aspirants applying for CAT must carefully go through the prescribed eligibility guidelines. The minimum eligibility requirements mandate completing graduation in a relevant discipline.
Any verification of documents will be only conducted at the time of selection process or later. However, failure to meet criteria any any stage will lead to rejection of candidature. CAT (Common Admission Test) is the gateway to Postgraduate Management Programs offered by IIMs and other top-notch B Schools. In this article you will get detailed information about CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria.
Important Highlights for CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Some of the important guidelines for CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria are highlighted below:
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to fill CAT Application Form.
- All aspirants must possess a graduate degree in a relevant discipline or its equivalent from a UGC recognized institution or organization.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of their qualifying examination are eligible to apply for CAT 2018.
- Minimum 50% is required in the qualifying degree examination while for reserved category candidates (SC/ST/Physically Disabled), requirement of marks is relaxed to 45%.
- No bar on age limits is applicable as per the guidelines issued by CAT convening authorities.
- Candidates who have completed the degree requirements and waiting for the result or appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam can apply subject to fulfilling Bachelor’s degree cutoff and other factors within the stipulated schedule notified by IIMs and other participating institutes.
- CA/CS/ICWA professional degree holders are also eligible to apply.
CAT 2018 Score Card is a document issued by Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow once results are declared. Candidates could view and download their respective CAT 2018 Score card from CAT’s official website, that is, iimcat.ac.in and can apply for admissions in IIM or other top affiliated business schools.
- Candidates would also be informed by the examination conducting authorities, about score card via text message on their registered mobile number.
- The issued scorecard represents candidate’s marks scored in different subjects of CAT 2018 examination (Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability).
- CAT score card 2018 is valid for one year from the month of its declaration, that is till the year 2019.
- There are 20 IIM’s and 100+ Business schools, that recognizes and accepts CAT score.
- Candidates can clarify their queries regarding CAT examination, if any, at helpline: 1-800-266-3549 and e-mail: [email protected].
Details mentioned on CAT score card 2018
CAT 2018 score card has few details featured in it which includes personal and academic elaborations related to the examination. All the details present on CAT score card 2018 are listed below:
- Candidate’s name
- Application number
- Test month and year
- Candidate’s roll number
- Date of birth
- Candidate’s graduation Degree
- Category (SC/ST/OBC/General/PD)
- Work experience in months (if any)
- Scaled scores in different subjects
Candidates are recommended to cross-check all the details present on their score card respectively as in case of any discrepancy in this document, they might face a lot of issue while applying for admissions in any affiliated business-school. Hence, candidates must get it corrected if they detect any error immediately by contacting the concerned officials in IIM or by visiting their office. The contact details are given below:
C/o. Admissions Office
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
Prabandh Nagar, IIM Road
Lucknow – 226013
E-MAIL: [email protected]
PHONE NUMBER: 800-266-3549
Validity of CAT 2018 score card
A valid CAT 2018 score card issued by IIM can offer candidates admission to top business schools to pursue post-graduation in Management in various streams. However, there is a period for which that scorecard is valid to show up for admission which is one year, till next academic session.
If a candidate appears for CAT 2018 examination and gets a scorecard, then that scorecard would be valid for exactly one year from the month of its declaration, that is till the year 2019. Once this period is crossed, then there shall be no validity of this document.
How to download CAT 2018 score card
CAT 2018 score card could be downloaded from the official website of CAT, by following few steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of CAT.
- Tap on the link score card for CAT 2018.
- Enter your user id and password and hit login
- View and download their CAT 2018 scorecard.
- Do take a print out and keep it safe.
It is mandatory to keep a print copy of the downloaded admit card as they shall not be granted admission without displaying their CAT 2018 score card to any management college including IIMs. Score cards would be available online on the official site of CAT, once the results are declared.
Benefits of valid scores in CAT 2018
In order to take admissions to desired business school in India, candidates are required to score at par with the cut off list, which is released by all the affiliated colleges separately. Cut-off list would be made by respective college officials, on the basis of candidate’s score. There are a lot of benefits mentioned below, for scoring in CAT 2018:
- Candidates would get an opportunity to join the prestigious management colleges including Indian Institute of Management, which can boost their careers.
- In case, candidates could not be in the cut -off list of IIM, they can still join other top affiliated business schools in India.
- If candidates score a high percentile in CAT 2018 entrance examination, it would demonstrate that they possess some well-rounded skills in written communication and logical thinking which will attract the recruiter even if they do not get admissions to IIMs.
- Another benefit of scoring well in CAT 2018 is that candidates would improve their quantitative skills and English language which are useful for their future reference.
IIM Calcutta is organizing CAT 2018 and it is expected that the result will be announced at iimcat.ac.in in the first week of January-2019. CAT Result is announced in the form of online score card that can be accessed from official site using User ID and Password.
CAT Score Card will not be sent via mail or courier to candidates’ registered email address and address. However, candidates will intimated about the declaration of result via SMS on their registered mobile no. IIM Lucknow announced the result for CAT 2017 on January 08, 2018.
Professor Sumanta Basu from IIM Calcutta will be the convener for CAT 2018. Although the official notification is expected to be released in the month of July-August, the official date for CAT in November 25.
Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level entrance exam conducted every year by Indian Institute of Managements (IIMs), held on a rotational basis for admission to MBA/PGDM and other PG programs. A total of 20 IIMs and over 100+ top B-Schools of the nation will be accepting CAT score.
CAT 2018 Result Highlights
The key highlights for CAT Result is mentioned in the table below:
|CAT 2018 Result||First week of January-2019|
|CAT Scorecard validity||1 year|
|Results will be declared at||https://iimcat.ac.in/|
|Minimum Eligibility for Selection||CAT Score as per CAT Cut off|
|Results will display||Scaled score; percentile score|
People Also Read About
IIM Calcutta has announced the date for release of CAT Admit Card on the official portal. Candidates can download CAT Admit Card from the official website, iimcat.ac.in. To download, simply login with the username and password credentials generated at the time of registration.
CAT 2018 Admit Card contains details about the personal information, test venue details and other exam day related instructions for candidates. The admit card must be carefully preserved till completion of all the exam related process. This article focuses on covering all the essential information on admit card including details on how to download admit and FAQs.
CAT Application Form is released by iimcat.ac.in. CAT 2018 is scheduled for November 25, 2018. The registration process for CAT is paperless and aspirants can only apply on the official site. The online application form window is extended till September 26 to allow more candidates to register for the exam.
The actual dates for start of CAT 2018 Application Form is expected to be announced after the official notification is published in the month of July. IIM Calcutta is expected to be the convener for CAT 2018. Looking at previous year trends, candidates can register for entrance till the final week of September while CAT Admit Card is expected to be available from 2nd week of October, 2018.
- CAT 2018 Application Fee is hiked to INR 1900 from INR 1800 last year.
- Competition is expected to grow this academic season with more than 2 lac aspirants expected to register for CAT.
- For any query or assistance, candidates can reach out to CAT helpdesk at 1800-2663-549 or [email protected]
- Candidates must go through and comply with all the eligibility criteria before filling the online application form.
- In order to avoid discrepancy in the application form keep all the original documents handy while filling CAT 2018 Application form.
- Candidates must submit the duly filled the application form and submit it within the last date along with the payment of application fee.
- The application fee is chargeable as per the category of the candidates