Home » Exam Pattern
Category Archives: Exam Pattern
IBSAT organised by ICFAI foundation for students seeking admission to various PGDM and MBA programs. It is a computer based test conducted in English language only. IBSAT Exam Pattern is published on the official website i.e. www.ibsindia.org.
- Questions are in multiple choice format and are objective in nature.
- Duration of the exam is 2 hours (120 minutes)
- Total 140 questions will be asked in the exam
- Every question will have 5 alternative responses; out of which candidate has to choose one that seems the most appropriate choice.
- Question paper is divided into 4 sections i.e. Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and Data Adequacy and Data Interpretation.
- Every correct answer will be awarded +1 mark for every correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking
The difficulty level of the entrance exam is generally moderate. IBSAT 2019 Syllabus is based on Higher Secondary level knowledge. The registration process for IBSAT examination has begun from the 1st week of July 2018 and the exam will be conducted in the 3rd week of December 2018.
IBSAT 2019 Exam Pattern Highlights
The following table provides the main highlights of IBSAT Exam Pattern:
|Exam Mode||Online (computer based test)|
|Question Paper type||Objective (MCQs)|
|Number of Sections||4 (Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude and Data Adequacy)|
|Total no. of questions||140|
|Marks awarded for correct answer||+1|
|Exam duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Medium of language||English|
IBSAT 2019 Exam Pattern in Detail
IBSAT 2019 question paper will be divided into 4 sections- Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Data Adequacy and Interpretation and Quantitative Aptitude. Candidates can attempt the question paper in any order of their choice. No specific time restriction is allotted to a particular section. Also, no sectional cut off will be applicable.
The sections comprising IBSAT Exam Pattern are discussed below:
- Verbal Ability: This section is intended to test the student’s knowledge and proficiency in the English language. 50 questions in total are asked in this section.
- Reading Comprehension: This section includes unseen passages and candidates have to answer questions based on these passages. 30 questions in total are asked in this section. Generally, the questions are direct and to the point and the difficulty level is easy to moderate.
- Quantitative Ability: This section is planned to assess the basic mathematical ability of candidates. A total of 30 questions will be asked in this section. It is considered to be a scoring section, among all the 4 sections, though the level of difficulty for this section is moderate to high.
- Data Adequacy and Data Interpretation: In this section, the visualization power of candidates is analyzed by examining their ability to understand graph, charts, tables and patterns from the data given. This section consists of 30 questions in total and the difficulty level is moderate.
The section wise distribution of questions and marks is tabulated below:
|Verbal Ability||50||50||2 Hours|
|Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation||30||30|
IBSAT 2019 Marking Scheme
Candidates should note that the marking scheme is in order to decide that how to attempt the questions in the aptitude entrance examination. There are no major changes expected in the marking scheme of IBSAT 2019 and it is the same as that for the year 2017. Also, there is no negative marking in the test. Following is the marking scheme:
- Every correct answer will be awarded +1 mark
- There will be no penalty of marks for wrong or incorrect answers i.e. there will be no negative marking
- No mark will be deducted for not attempting any question or leaving it blank
- There will no sectional cut off score and no sectional time limit for the exam.
IBSAT 2019 Reference Books
The management entrances are always a challenge since the pattern of examination is slightly more generalized and there is no particular curriculum to focus upon even though the sections are specified. Candidates can find below a list of helpful reference books to understand the structure and gain hands-on practice for IBSAT.
|Verbal Ability||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Arun Sharma|
|Word Power made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Objective General English 10,000+ questions||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Business English and Communication||Clark|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance||Abhijit Guha|
|Quantitative Ability||Nishit Sinha|
|Data Interpretation and Data Adequacy||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||Ashok Gupta|
|Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||Pearson Publication|
CAT is the most prestigious MBA entrance test in the country for IIMs and other popular B-Schools in the country. Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted in online mode (computer-based exam). The difficulty level is hard to determine because of the unpredictable scheme of examination which has now become a typical characteristic of CAT Exam Pattern.
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern will comprise three sections namely Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Quantitative Aptitude (QA). Candidates must solve 100 MCQs (multiple choice questions) within a stipulated period of three hours. This article covers all the nuances of the exam pattern as well as major changes introduced in the pattern of CAT over a period of last few years.
- Section A and Section B contain same number of questions i.e. 34. Section C contain less number of questions i.e. 32.
- CAT 2018 is a national level entrance exam conducted for the candidates seeking admission in MBA programs in various IIMs. CAT 2018 is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management.
- Candidates should carefully follow the instructions given by invigilator. If the candidates found making nuisance or breaking discipline he/she will be disqualified.
- The tentative exam pattern for CAT is expected to be intimated through the CAT Official Mock Test released at iimcat.ac.in a month before the scheduled exam date.