Home » News (Page 2)
Category Archives: News
TISSNET 2019 will be conducted in the month of January as a computer based entrance test. Tata Institute of Social Sciences(TISS) conducts TISSNET for admission to M.A in Social Sciences and several other postgraduate programs offered by the institute across 21 schools and 45 centres. TISSNET Exam Pattern is expected to remain unchanged following previous year trends.
Some of the main aspects of TISSNET online test are mentioned below:
- Paper will have three sections: – General Awareness, English Proficiency, and Maths & Logical Reasoning
- TISSNET 2019 will be of 100 minutes’ duration.
- There will be 100 objective questions in the paper of 1 mark each.
- There will be no negative marking.
- The question paper can opt-in English language only.
TISSNET 2019 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Exam Date||January 2019|
|Duration of exam||100 minutes|
|Total number of questions||100|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Marking Pattern||+1 for the correct answer|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
TISSNET 2019 Exam Pattern
TISSNET is an entrance exam for admission to postgraduate level programs in TISS. TISSNET Exam Pattern will be common for all postgraduate level (MA) courses. The question paper will be divided into three sections namely General Awareness, English Proficiency and Maths and Logical Reasoning.
The table below indicates the section wise distribution of questions and marks allotted per section:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|Maths and Logical Reasoning||30||30|
TISSNET 2019 Exam Pattern: Marking Scheme
The marking scheme to be followed for TISSNET 2019 is mentioned below:
- Total marks of TISSNET question paper is fixed at 100.
- 1 mark is awarded for each correct answer.
- No marks will be deducted for any incorrect answer.
TISSNET 2019 Syllabus
TISSNET Syllabus consists of 3 sections. All the sections are equally important and below we have compiled some important topics comprising each of these sections:
This section is also known as Social Sensitivity section, it covers current affairs, social issues and other topics.
Here are some other topics in the section:
- History & Geography
- Economic Processes
- Social Activities/Movements
- Current Affairs
- Films, Fine Arts and Music
- Sociological Awareness etc.
This section is to test the proficiency of candidates in the English language. Here are some of the topics covered in this section:
- Reading Comprehension
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Fill in the blanks
- Pairing of words etc.
Maths & Logical Reasoning
This section might be a tricky one for the candidates as it focuses on the basics of mathematics and reasoning.
- Number theory
- Time & Distance/Time & work
- Venn Diagram
- Binary Logic
- Family Tree
- Puzzles etc.
TISSNET 2019 Sample Paper/Mock Test
TISS releases TISSNET mock test to help candidates to understand the navigation functionality of the computer-based test. TISSNET mock test
also helps candidates to understand and get familiar with the exam pattern. Benefits of taking TISSNET mock test is given below.
- TISSNET mock test will give candidates feel of the real exam.
- Inculcates confidence and self-analytical capacity in candidates.
- TISSNET mock test will help candidates to get familiar with the style and scope of question paper.
- Improves candidate’s time-management skills.
TISSNET Selection Procedure
Based on performance in TISS National Entrance Test, candidates will be shortlisted and will be selected for PIT and PI.
Only the shortlisted candidates who have done well in TISSNET 2019 will be called in for the further selection process.
- The PIT will be conducted before the PI.
- Pre-Interview Test(PIT) will be a Written Test and carries 50 marks.
Personal Interview will be conducted for 75 marks.
|National Entrance Test||100 marks|
|Pre-Interview Test/GD||50 marks|
|Personal Interview||75 marks|
Based on the performance of the aspirants in the entrance test, PIT and PI, final merit list will be prepared to offer admission, weightage of TISSNET 2019 scores in final selection is given below:
|TISS National Entrance Test 2019||40%|
|National Entrance Test||100 marks|
|Pre-Interview Test/GD||50 marks|
|Personal Interview||75 marks|
Note: TISSNET 2019 Result will carry the same weightage for General as well as for Reserved Category candidates while preparation of merit list.
IIM Calcutta, the organising authority of the CAT 2018 exam, will also coordinate the registration process for Non-IIM institutions. All such institutions will be able to use the scores of CAT 2018 for offering admissions to the students in the Post Graduate Management courses (like PGDBM and MBA) for the batch starting from 2019.
This change will provide a centralised platform for those students who were earlier required to appear in multiple entrances to get admission to the management courses in various institutions. It would also save their time and effort in registering for multiple management entrances and preparing differently based on their pattern.
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been issued and posted on the official website of confirming this agreement. Additionally, IIM Calcutta has also opened the registration process for the non-IIM institutions who are planning to use CAT 2018 scores of the candidates for offering them admissions to their courses.
Such non-IIM institutions will be able to fill and submit their application form latest by July 25, 2018. The next section takes you through the process of registering for using the CAT 2018 examination scores by the non-IIM institutions.
Registration Process for Non IIMs
Registering for using the CAT 2018 Scores for Offering Admissions by Non-IIM Institutions
The management of the non-IIM institutions needs to follow the simple steps mentioned below to complete registration process:
- Download the MOU and the registration form from the official website of IIT Calcutta – https://www.iimcal.ac.in/.
- Pay the registration fee on the behalf of the non-IIM institution in the account details provided in the MOU.
- Fill the MOU and application form and e-mail the scanned copies of the duly filled application form along with the required documents to the e-mail Id mentioned in the MOU. Note that the filled application form and MOU must be signed by the designated authorities and stamped in the name and registration number of the institution.
- Send the original duly filled, signed and stamped MOU (2 copies), application form (1 copy), and the hardcopies of the required supporting documents at the admission office of IIM Calcutta. The address is specified in the MOU.
- Once the registration process is successful, the non-IIM institution will be informed by the IIM Calcutta. Post then, the institute will receive section-wise scores and percentile of the candidates qualifying the CAT 2018 exam.
Those non-IIM institutions, which have already registered for CAT 2017 and want to use the CAT 2018 examination scores, need to pay the annual registration fee of INR 2,25,000/- + 18% GST. The registering institution needs to pay this fee through bank transfer, the details of which are mentioned in the MOU.
Those non-IIM institutions, which have not registered for CAT 2017, will need to pay the one-time non-refundable membership fee of INR 75,000/- + 18% GST along with the annual registration fee of INR 2,25,000/- + 18% GST. This amount sums at INR 3,00,000/- + 18% GST.
Documents Required by the Non-IIM Institutions
The non-IIM institutions need to submit the following documents along with their application form:
- The non-IIM institutes, which want to use the CAT 2018 examination scores, need to submit the copy of their accreditation certificate authorised by AICTE, MHRD, or another equivalent statutory accreditation authority. Those B-schools, which have already applied for obtaining the accreditation certificate are also eligible for getting CAT 2018 scores of the qualifying students.
- The non-IIM institutions, which are registered as a university through the act of State Legislatures or Parliament of India, or are declared as a deemed university under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, need to submit a copy of documentary evidence.
- Additionally, any registering non-IIM institution or university must submit the following documents:
- A copy of their course brochure or pamphlet for the records of IIM Calcutta.
- A copy of their advertisement notification in any newspaper offering the admissions to their courses through the CAT 2018 scores.
SRMCAT Application Form is accessible only through the official website www.srmuniv.ac.in/. SMATCAT is the national level management entrance test organized by SRM University, Chennai for admission to two-year MBA program offered by the School of Management.
- The application form for the same is expected to be available from January 2019.
- Candidates can register on the official site for SRMCAT till the final week of March.
- The application fee for SRMCAT 2019 is expected to be INR 1100.
- SRMCAT is a computer-based entrance test of 2.5 hours duration.
- The previous SRMCAT was held on April 21 and 22, 2018 and the next one is tentatively scheduled in April 2019.
SRMCAT 2019 Application Form Highlights
|Exam Name||SRM Common Aptitude Test (SRMCAT)|
|Conducting Authority||SRM University|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Eligibility Criteria||Graduation Degree with a minimum aggregate score of 60%|
|Application Fee||INR 1100 (tentative)|
|Application Fee Payment||Online and Offline|
Important Dates for SRMCAT Application Form
The important dates in context of SRMCAT 2019 will be released by SRM University in due course. Meanwhile, based on previous years’ trends, we have tabulated below the tentative schedule for filling SRMCAT Application Form.
|SRMCAT Application Form Submission Deadline||March 2019|
|Slot Booking Deadline||April 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||April 2019|
|SRMCAT Scheduled Exam Date||April 2019|
Eligibility for SRMCAT Application Form
To appear in SRMCAT 2019, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria stated below. The minimu eligibility requirement is completing graduation in a relevant discipline.
- Graduation Degree of minimum 3-year duration in any discipline from a recognized University. Final year graduation students are also eligible to apply for SRMCAT.
- A minimum aggregate score of 60% in graduation.
- There is no age limit for appearing in SRMCAT.
- Candidates who have valid CAT/ GMAT/ MAT/ TANCET/ CMAT don’t need to take SRMCAT.
How to Fill SRMCAT Application Form?
The steps involved in filling the online application form of SRM CAT are:
- Visit the official link for SRMCAT application: applications.srmuniv.ac.in/mba.
- Register by entering personal details like Name, DOB, Gender, Nationality, Mobile Number and Email ID. It is important to keep the mobile number and email id active until the admission process is over.
- A login ID and Password is generated after successful registration which are the login credentials for accessing the system until the admission process.
- Use the login credentials to log on to the website and complete the filling up of SRMCAT 2019 Application Form with compulsory details like nationality, postal address, academic details and details of entrance exam taken etc.
- Upload scanned images of applicant’s photo and specimen signature as per specifications.
- Accept the declaration once all details have been filled in and previewed.
- Upon completing filling all required fields in the form, the page is directed to the integrated payment gateway for payment of application fee.
- Complete the application fee payment process either online or offline.
- If payment is being made offline, then enter details of demand draft in the designated space on the application form.
- Obtain prints of the filled-in form for future reference before submitting the same.
Details Required in SRMCAT Application Form
Here are the details asked in SRMCAT Application Form: –
|SRMCAT Application Form Details||Filling Criteria|
|Applicant’s Name||Enter name as it appears in 10th std. Marks Card. The name should not be more than 50 characters.|
|Gender||Select gender from the drop-down list|
|Category||General or Reservation Category needs to be chosen carefully. Select category from the drop-down list|
|Postal Address||Enter correct correspondence details|
|Photo||Applicant’s recent passport-size photo in jpeg or gif format|
|Signature||Applicant’s specimen signature in jpeg or jpg format|
|Name of Degree||Select from the drop-down list|
|Degree Details||Enter details such as Specialization, University and Percentage scored.|
|Class XII and Class X Details||Name of Certificate Awarding Body and Percentage scored|
|Test Score||Select Test taken and enter Test Score secured|
SRMCAT Application Fee
SRMCAT Application Fee is expected to be INR 1100, based on previous years’ records. The fee can be paid in both online as well as offline modes. The details about available payment modes are outlined below:
Application Fee can be paid through the official website’s integrated payment gateway using either Credit or Debit Cards. Another way of making the online payment is by using unique prepaid e-voucher codes that can be purchased at any SRM campus.
- Select the payment mode (online payment)
- Click payment instrument (credit or debit card/e-voucher)
- Enter the card number/customer ID/voucher code as specified.
- Verify the details and Click on Pay Now.
- Upon successful completion of payment process, a receipt will be displayed on-screen. Applicants are advised to obtain prints of the receipt for the records.
Offline payment of application fee can be made through Demand Draft. A Demand Draft (DD) of the application fee amount has to be drawn in favor of SRMIST, payable at Chennai. Clearly write the applicant’s name and contact details on the reverse of the DD, attach a copy of the filled-in SRMCAT Application Form and send it to The Director, The Directorate of Admissions, SRM University, Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu 603203.
SRMCAT Application Form Correction
Applicants will be able to make corrections in the SRMCAT application form through the dashboard on candidate login. Corrected details can be submitted online and the applicants will be notified of the changes applied. After login, candidates must:
- Review the application form for errors and spelling mistakes before submitting.
- Provide valid email ID, telephone number and postal.
In case of discrepancy in registration or application number or for any other queries, candidates are advised to contact the University via the following helpline details:
Phone: +91-44-27417400 Fax: +91-44-2745 3622 or
E-Mail: [email protected]
Q: What documents do I need to submit along with the SRMCAT Application Form?
A: You need to upload your recent, color, passport-size photograph and specimen signature in .jpg/.jpeg formats
Q: I have wrongly entered my academic records into the SRMCAT Application Form. How do I make corrections?
A: Applicants are advised to ensure the correctness of data before final submission of the SRMCAT Application Form. However, in case of any error, submit the details of the correction be made from the candidate dashboard on the official website. The examination authority will affect the corrections and inform the candidate about the same.
Q: How do I pay the SRMCAT Application Fee?
A: SRMCAT Application fee can be paid in both offline and online modes.
MICAT is a national level examination organized by MICA i.e. Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad for admission to its PGDM-C program. This examination is conducted twice in a year i.e. MICAT 1 is usually scheduled for the third week of December while MICAT 2 will be organized in the third week of February. The registration process for MICAT 2019 is likely to commence in the month of September.
- The minimum eligibility to apply for MICAT is a graduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- MICAT Application Form can be filled and submitted in online mode only.
- Successful applicants will be able to download MICAT Admit Card from the official website using their login credentials.
- Candidates can fill-in a maximum of three preferences for MICAT Exam Centers while filling application form.
- MICAT Exam Pattern comprises two papers i.e. Paper I and Paper II.
- For Paper I, no marks will be deducted for the wrong answer while in Paper II 0.25 marks will be deducted for an incorrect attempt.
- The exam will consist of topics from Reasoning and Verbal Ability, General Knowledge, Quantitative Ability and Divergent-convergent reasoning
- MICAT Result is announced in the form of online score card which can be downloaded from the official website. Paper I and Paper II result will be declared on different dates.
- The selection process for MICAT comprises GE & PI. The selection process will be conducted jointly for candidates shortlisted from MICAT I and MICAT II.
MICAT 2019 Highlights
|Date of MICAT I Exam||3rd week of December 2018|
|Type of exam||National level|
|Date of MICAT II Exam||3rd week of February 2019|
|Conducting Body||MICA (Mudra Institute of Communication Ahmedabad)|
|Mode of MICAT Exam||Online|
|Duration of MICAT exam||2 hours 45 minutes|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% in Bachelor’s degree|
|Courses Offered||PGDM – C (Graduate Diploma in Management – Communication)|
MICAT 2019 Important Dates
MICA is yet to announce the official timeline for MICAT 2019. However, based on the trends from previous editions of MICAT, candidates can check the schedule from the table provided below:
|Starting date of registration for MICAT I||4th week of September 2018|
|Registration closing date for MICAT I||Last week of November 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||2nd week of December 2018|
|MICAT I Exam Date||3rd week of December 2018|
|MICAT I Scorecard Release||1st week of January 2019|
|Starting date of registration for MICAT II||1st week of January 2019|
|Registration closing date for MICAT II||1st week of February 2019|
|Issue of MICAT II Admit Card||2nd week of February 2019|
|MICAT II Exam Date||3rd week of February 2019|
|MICAT II Scorecard Release||Last week of February 2019|
|GE & PI (Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai)||2nd week of March 2019|
|GE & PI at Bangalore and Mumbai||3rd week of March 2019|
|Final results||Last week of March|
MICAT 2019 Eligibility
Candidates must check eligibility criteria before submitting MICAT Form. The important guidelines for MICAT Eligibility are mentioned below:
- Candidates must possess Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks
- Students appearing for final year exam are also eligible to apply
- Non-residents Indians can apply with GMAT scores
- Foreign nationals are also eligible to apply. They must have obtained 600+ score in GMAT.
- Indian nationals can apply with CAT, XAT, GMAT scores
MICAT 2019 Application Form
MICAT Application form can be filled through online mode only. For accessing the application form students need to first register themselves. Only successful applicants are eligible to appear for the exam.
Follow the below steps to fill the application form successfully:
- Visit the official website of MICA
- Click on the apply online button for PGDM-C
- Click on the New Registration
- Fill details such as Name, Mobile Number, and Email
- Click on I agree button and submit the Registration form
- Upon successful registration, a confirmation page opens with user ID and password
Fill the application form
- Login using User ID and password
- An application form will be displayed on the screen
- Enter personal and qualification details like Name, Address, Contact Details, Nationality, Age, Graduation, Mater details etc.
- Students have to upload the scanned copy of their photograph and signature
- Image of the photograph & signature should be in JPEG and GIF format
- Image size should not exceed more than 80KB
Payment of application fee
- Application fees can be paid through both online and offline modes
- Students have to pay application fees of amount INR 1965
- Offline application fee can be paid through Demand Draft that must be drawn in favour of “MICA” payable at Ahmedabad
- Online application fee can be paid via credit card/ debit card/ net banking
- Payment advice form, sign and DD must be sent at the following address:
Admissions Office, MICA, Shela,
Ahmedabad – 380 058, India,
Phone: 02717 – 308250 / 308313.
- After final submission students have to download and take the printout of application form for further use.
MICAT 2019 Admit Card
MICAT Admit card will be available to download in online mode only. Students can download MICAT I hall ticket exam from the first week of December 2018 while MICAT II hall ticket will be available to download from the second week of February 2019.
Details mentioned on MICAT Admit Card are:
- Name of the candidate
- Candidate’s Roll number
- MICAT exam centre address
- Examination Date
- Examination Time
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Exam day guidelines
Candidates can simply follow the steps below to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website of MICAT
- Login using registration id and password generated during the registration
- Click on the Login button
- Download and take multiple printouts of admit card for future reference.
MICAT 2019 Exam Center
MICAT Exam Centers will be announced later by MICA. The exam is expected to be conducted across 39 cities in the country. Students are advised to choose the exam center while filling the application form. Additionally, they are also allowed to select one exam center for Group Exercise and Personal Interview.
The tentative list of MICAT Exam Centers are tabulated below:
|Uttar Pradesh||Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Muzaffarnagar, Noida|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore,|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|Maharastra||Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panjim, Pune|
The following list shows the previous year centers list for GE & PI
MICAT 2019 Exam Pattern
MICAT is conducted in online mode. The exam will comprise two papers and all the important aspects of MICAT Exam Pattern are discussed below:
- MICAT paper is comprised of two papers i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- The question in the paper 1 will be of a descriptive type and Paper 2 questions will be objective type.
- Paper is divided into six sections i.e. Psychometric Test, Reasoning and Verbal Ability, General Knowledge, Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, and Divergent-Convergent Reasoning
- In Paper 1, questions will be asked about Argument writing, Story writing, and Essay writing
- Total 2 hours 45 minutes will be given to complete the test.
- The paper will be in English medium only
- Total number of questions asked in the paper is 140
MICAT Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||140|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours 45 minutes|
|Total Number of sections||6|
MICAT 2019 Syllabus
The table below covers all the important topics that form the main part of MICAT Syllabus. The topics are distributed as per the different sections in exam.
|Verbal Ability||Sentence correction|
|Synonyms and antonyms|
|Fill in the blanks|
|Jumbled paragraphs and sentences|
|Idioms and Phrases|
|Reading Comprehension passage|
|English usage or Grammar|
|Ratios and Proportion|
|Heights & Distance|
|Profit & Loss|
|Time-Speed-Distance – Work and time|
|HCF – LCM|
|Number Base System|
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest|
|Permutations & Combinations|
|Maxima & Minima Progression|
|Authors and Literature|
|Science & research|
|Divergent-Convergent Reasoning||Data Sufficiency|
|Sequence and Series|
|Statement – Assumption|
MICAT 2019 Result
MICAT Result will be announced in the form of a scorecard. Students can easily check their result by entering User ID and Password. The result will be declared separately after completion of each phase of MICAT. MICAT I result will be declared in the third week of December 2018 whereas, MICAT II result will be announced in the third week of February 2019.
To check their result, students must follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of MICA
- Log in to the website using User ID and Password
- Click on the Login button
- After clicking on the button, the result will be displayed on the screen.
Students are advised to download and take the printout of the result for future reference. The main details mentioned on MICAT Admit Card are listed below:
- Overall score of MICAT
- Selection status
- Name of the candidate
- MICAT roll number
- Candidate Photograph
- Candidate Signature
- MICAT conducting authority stamp
MICAT 2019 Cut Off
Cut off marks are the minimum marks required by candidates to qualify for next stage. Students who failed to score the minimum marks are not shortlisted for further selection rounds. For deciding the cut off marks following factors will be take into consideration:
- Total number of registered candidates
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Maximum marks obtained by the candidates
- Previous year cut off
- Reservation norms
The following table shows the expected sectional cut off for MICAT 2019 along with total no. of questions asked from each section:
|Section||No. of Questions||Sectional cut off|
|Psychometric Test||35||All compulsory|
MICAT 2019 Selection Process
Unlike other processes, MICAT Selection Procedure is conducted jointly for both MICAT I and MICAT II qualified candidates. The shortlisted candidates from both the phases are called for selection process in Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Mumbai and Ahmedabad. MICAT Selection Process comprises two rounds i.e. Personal Interview and Group Exercise. Based on XAT/ CAT/ GMAT along with PI & GE scores students can get direct admission in the desired course. Candidates are also required to carry stipulated documents at the time of selection process for verification by authorities:
Documents required for counselling
- Original counselling letter
- Original Admit card
- Class 10th & 12th certificate
- Category certificate
- Medical certificate
- 4-6 passport size photographs
- Bank Draft (as per the guidelines mentioned in the MICAT prospectus)
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) conducts IIFT entrance exam every year for admission to its MBA (international Business) programs at its Delhi and Kolkata campus. IIFT 2019 is expected to be conducted in the first week of December 2018. The entrance will be an objective-type test carrying around 114 multiple-choice questions. IIFT 2019 Application Form filling is expected to commence in the last week of July and will continue till mid of September.
The application form will be available in the both the online and offline mode. Candidates will find step wise information on filling IIFT Application Form besides other details like application fee, important dates, etc. Aspirants must possess a degree in relevant discipline to apply for IIFT 2019.
It’s a two-year fully-residential MBA in International Business (IB) program. The final selection at IIFT is done based on the entrance test score, Group Discussion (GD), Writing Skill Assessment and Personal Interview.
IIFT 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||IIFT MBA (IB) Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Institute||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Delhi|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
|Exam type||National level|
|Mode of Conduct||Expected to be Online this year (computer-based)|
Important Dates for IIFT 2019 Application Form
The table below provides details on the important dates
The exam date of IIFT 2018 exam is expected to be either in the month of November or December. Candidates must apply before the last date to avoid any issue on the last moment.
|IIFT Registration begins||Fourth week of July 2018|
|Deadline for receipt of Application (Gen/SC/ST/OBC)||Second week of September 2018|
|Last date to request Exam Centre change||First week of November 2018|
|Release of IIFT 2019 Admit Card||Second week of November 2018|
|IIFT 2019 Entrance Exam||First week of December 2018 (Exam timings are yet to be announced)|
Candidates before filling the IIFT application form 2019 are advised to check the eligibility criteria as failure to meet any criteria at later stages would straightway lead to cancellation of candidature.
IIFT Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates planning to apply for IIFT 2019 must check the eligibility criteria before applying. Here are the basic eligibility criteria of IIFT 2019:
- Candidates must have a recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration.
- Final year graduation students are eligible to apply for IIFT 2019. However, they would need to furnish a proof of appearing for the final semester.
- Age Limit – There is no age limit for candidates to apply for IIFT exam.
- International students/Foreign Nationals/NRI Candidates/Children of NRIs can apply with a valid GMAT score only.
IIFT Application Form 2019
The application form is slated to release in the fourth week of July 2018. IIFT 2019 application form will be available in offline as well as in offline mode. All the particulars in the form such as personal, academic and contact information must be filled-in correctly to prevent any hassles later on.
Online IIFT Application Form
Candidates who choose to fill the application form online can pay the application fee online through debit/credit or net banking.
Offline IIFT Application Form
Candidates willing to apply in offline mode can purchase the prospectus through cash or Demand Draft (DD) from IIFT admission office. Candidates can fill the form attached in the prospectus and send it to the IIFT address.
Stepwise Details on Filling Application Form
Eligible candidates would need to register for the exam first and then can proceed further to fill the IIFT 2019 application form. Here is the complete procedure to fill the IIFT application form 2019 in both online and offline mode.
To begin with the online application procedure, candidates first need to get registered to the website. When the application process begins, candidates can follow the steps below to register for IIFT 2018:
- Candidates need to click on the “Apply Now” link and select the category you belong from to apply for the exam.
- Read carefully the information displayed on your screen regarding the payment of application fee.
- Fill in the basic details asked in the application form and submit the form.
- Application number will be sent to you to the registered email id after the successful submission of the form.
- Use the application no. sent to you in email and password entered by you while registration to log in to the website.
- After final submission of the form, candidate will be informed regarding successful registration through an email at registered email id.
Candidates can either purchase the IIFT application form 2019 from the Institute or they can take the print of the application form, fill it and send it to the institute by post to the address is given below:
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
B-21, Qutab Institutional Area,
New Delhi-110016, India
Essential documents to be Enclosed with the Form
Candidates who fill the IIFT application form offline, they would also need to send the following documents along with the form.
- Request application clearly mentioning your postal address where you want to receive your application form.
- Demand Draft of requisite amount in favor of INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE payable at NEW DELHI. It is mandatory for applicants to write their name and address on the back of the Demand Draft.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PH/ OBC (non-creamy layer) categories have to attach requisite self-attested Category Certificate.
- Two adhesive stickers/ name slips (not the envelop) stating your address for sending the brochure and application form.
Details to be Filled in IIFT Application Form
All the major details required in IIFT 2019 Application Form is tabulated below for reference. All the details indicated below are mandatory and need to be filled by every candidate in order to complete the application process.
|Candidate’s name||Includes the details of first name, middle name and last name.|
|Email id||A valid functional email id which can be used for further communication|
|Mobile number||A functional mobile number so that candidates can receive the notification on the phone regarding the exam and download of admit card.|
|Age||Age has to be given in years and months eg: 24 years and 8 month|
|Date of birth||To verify the age Date Of Birth is printed in the format of the date, month and year (DD/MM/YYYY)|
|Father’s name||Name of father as printed in class 10 certificate|
|Mother’s name||Name must match the name printed on birth certificate or your 10th certificate|
|Educational Qualification along with the marks||Percentage marks obtained in class 10th,12th,graduation and the year of passing of the same.|
|Reservation details||Upload the certificate issued and registered with government bodies.|
|Address details||Details of street, city, district, pin code etc.|
Scanned image and Signature Specifications
- Candidates need to upload their scanned image and signature. Hence, they should keep a scanned copy of both ready at the time of filling the application form.
- The image size for both photograph and signature should be in a JPG format and should be less than 50 KB each.
- It is important for applicants to have a copy of their scanned clear signature. It must be done on a white background and the size of the file should be less than 50 KB.
IIFT Registration Fee
Category wise application fee prescribed for IIFT 2019 is mentioned below:
|Category||DD Amount (Rs)|
|General/OBC candidates||Rs. 1550|
|SC/ST/PH candidates||Rs. 775|
|Foreign nationals/NRI/ Children of NRI||USD 80|
Mode of Payment
Candidates can make the payment online as well as offline by the Demand Draft.
Online Payment: Candidates can make the payment of the application form with the help of Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking. No requirement to send the soft copy of form or transaction slip to the office.
Demand Draft: Candidates can also make the payment by demand draft. While sending the DD, candidates must send the printout of application form within 10 days from the date of online registration. The name of candidate and application number must be mentioned on the backside of DD.
After final submission of the IIFT application form candidates can check the duly filled application form by clicking ‘Preview’ button. Candidates must take the print out of application form as reference in cases of any discrepancy while communicating with the admission committee.
Please note that no payment through Demand Draft will be accepted at the Campus.
AIMS Test for Management Admission (ATMA) is a national-level entrance test for PGDM, MBA, MMS, MCA programs etc., organized and conducted by the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS).
- ATMA is held five times a year, January, February, May, June, and August. The upcoming test is scheduled for August 5, 2018.
- The test is a single day, single session online exam of three hours’ duration in which candidates have to attempt 180 MCQs.
- Graduates in any discipline, as well as graduation final year students, are eligible to apply.
- ATMA question paper consists of sections on verbal, quantitative and analytical reasoning skills.
- The application is an online process to be completed through the official website, www.atmaaims.com
- ATMA Admit Card and Score Card will also be available to download from the official website.
ATMA is recognized by AICTE and MHRD-Go I and is accepted for admissions by about 200 Government aided/non-aided/private management schools across India. The Test assesses the aptitude of candidates aspiring for Higher Management Education.
ATMA Highlights Table
|Exam Name||AIMS Test for Management Admission (ATMA)|
|Conducting Body||Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS)|
|Date of Exam||August 5, 2018|
|Exam Type||Post- Graduate|
|Periodicity||5 times a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee||INR 1298 (inclusive of GST)|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes|
|Eligibility||Graduation. Appearing students can also apply.|
|Courses Offered||MBA, PGDM, MMS, MCA etc.|
|Number of Seats||–|
|Minimum cut off percentile/marks||Varies from institute to institute|
|ATMA Helpdesk||Phone: 09607404869, 07875999647
Email: [email protected]
ATMA Exam Dates
The dates for the upcoming August ATMA has not been released by AIMS yet. The following table lists an indicative list of the important events in the context and their tentative dates.
|ATMA August 2018 Registration||June – July 2018|
|Issuance of Admit Card online||July 2018|
|ATMA Scheduled Date||August 5, 2018|
|ATMA May Exam Result Date||August 2018|
AIMS specifies the following eligibility conditions for ATMA:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent under the 10+2+3 scheme, from any recognized Indian university. Final Year graduation students are also eligible to apply.
- A minimum aggregate of 50% in graduation is required.
- There is no age-limit for ATMA. However, candidates should be at least 21 years of age at the time of ATMA application.
- Prior work experience is not mandatory.
- There is no limit to number of attempts that candidates can make at appearing for ATMA.
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
ATMA Application Form
Application for MAT has to be completed in the online mode through the official website. The steps involved are detailed here:
- Register on the official website with Applicant’s Full name, Correct Email ID, Mobile Number and Date of Birth. Candidates are advised to obtain two prints of the filled-in Online Registration Form.
- An auto-generated mail will be sent to registered email address the applicant’s login credentials for the ATMA candidate login. Candidates can access their registration form, download admit card and score card using the aforesaid login credentials.
- Complete the Registration fee payment process using a Credit/Debit card through the integrated payment gateway.
- Once fee payment process is complete, in an auto-generated email, a PID (Personal Identification Number) will be sent to the registered email by AIMS.
- Candidates are required to follow the instructions listed in the mail to complete the ATMA Application process.
ATMA Application Fee
Application fee has to be paid online using a debit/credit card. Applicants can choose 5 institutes in order of preference where they wish to have their ATMA Scores sent. Additional charges of INR 150 will be required per institute if candidate wants to send their test scores to more than the regulation 5 institutes. Please note that application fees once paid is not refunded or transferred to any other candidate or some other exam. The ATMA fee details are tabulated below:
|Application Fee||INR 1100|
|GST @ 18%||INR 198|
- 25% Concession in ATMA Application Fees is applicable for female candidates.
- 50% Concession is applicable for North Eastern candidates.
Students claiming fees concession are required to upload supporting documents (Aadhar Card and Birth Certificate) at the time of ATMA registration.
ATMA Admit Card
Hall Ticket for ATMA can be downloaded from the official website of AIMS 3 days prior to the scheduled test date. The Admit Card will bear details like the Candidate Name, Form No, Roll NO, Test Date, Test Time and Test Venue Address.
The Admit card can be downloaded following these simple steps:
- Visit the official AIMS website
- Click the ATMA Admit Card link on-screen.
- Enter the details as specified.
- The admit card is displayed on-screen.
- Download, save, and obtain prints of the document for further use.
ATMA Exam Center
Candidates have the option of selecting 2 test centres of their choice at the time of application. Request for change of test centre is not entertained, unless there arises an exceptional case with valid reasons for such request. Such request can only be considered if made at least 5 days prior to the test date, subject to seat availability and the test administrator’s approval.
ATMA is conducted in the following Test centres:
Please note that: AIMS reserves the right to cancel, combine or change any test center, depending on the number of candidates in center(s) concerned.
ATMA Exam Pattern
ATMA has a unique exam pattern as some of its tests are paper-based while others are computer-based. The February 2018 ATMA was a paper-based test while June 2018 one was a computer-based test.
- ATMA consists of 180 multiple choice Questions with four options of which examinees are required to select the most appropriate option.
- The question paper is split into six sections covering Analytical Reasoning, Quantitative Skills, and Verbal skills.
- Examinees have the liberty to navigate between questions and even modify an answer before the test is finally submitted. Navigation between sections is not allowed though.
- There is a sectional time limit of 30 minutes for each section.
- The test is of 3 hours’ duration with level of question in the moderate difficult range.
- Each correct answer is awarded +1 while 0.25 mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
Exam pattern highlights table
|Mode of Examination||Online/Offline|
|Number of Questions||180 MCQ|
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||6|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for each correct answer; -0.25 for each wrong answer|
AIMS does not prescribe a syllabus for the test. However, a study of the past question papers reveals the following topics that appeared frequently in ATMA.
|Analytical Reasoning||Odd-one-out, Arrangement of letters, Coding-Decoding,
Blood Relations, Visual Reasoning, Analogy, Syllogism, Statement– Conclusion, Number Series, Data Interpretation
|Quantitative Skills||Algebra, Simple Interest, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Time-Speed-Distance, Time and Work, Number System, Basic Arithmetic|
|Verbal Ability||Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Fill-in-the-blanks, Synonym-Antonym, Vocabulary, Sentence completion and correction.|
Aspirants can check out a sample ATMA paper at http://mocktest.atmaaims.com/
ATMA result will be the scaled score and percentile score for each individual section along with the total scaled score and overall percentile score. Candidates can download their ATMA Scorecard from the official website. Please note that no hard copy of scorecards will be issued unless otherwise specifically requested for. The scorecard can be downloaded in the following steps:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the ‘Result’ tab
- Enter the correct specific details as required.
- The scorecard will appear on-screen
- Download, save and obtain prints of the document for future use.
The ATMA scores will be shared with the specific Management institutes as specified in your application form.
ATMA Cut Off
Candidates should bear in mind that Cut-off scores for ATMA will vary from institute to institute. All participating institutes and other colleges accepting ATMA scores have their individual category-wise cut-off scores. AIMS’ role in admissions ends with its forwarding the scores to the participating institutes. If your overall percentile matches with the cut-off score of your preferred institutes, you would receive a call to appear for further rounds of selection like GD and PI. Alternatively, you can check with your preferred management institutes to understand their ATMA cut-off requirements.
ATMA Selection Process
AIMS doesn’t take part in the counseling process post-test. The onus of conducting Counseling rounds of Selection for Admission lies with the institutes accepting ATMA score. Students are required to apply directly to their preferred various institutes’ counseling and selection within the respective admission deadlines.
IIFT 2019 is tentatively scheduled for the 1st week of December. IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade) offers prestigious MBA in International Business at its Delhi & Kolkata Campus and candidates are admitted to the course based on their merit in the entrance test.
- Candidates can fill the online application form from July 2019 on the official portal of IIFT 2019. Last date to fill application form is in 2nd week of September 2019.
- Application Form can be obtained from designated IIFT Centers. The form filling procedure involves registration, filling details in Application form and fee payment.
- Fee payment can be made via Debit Card/ Credit Card /Net Banking and Demand Draft. General category candidates need to pay INR 1550 whereas candidates belonging to reserved category should pay INR 775. Fee for Foreign Nationals is INR 4500.
- The minimum eligibility to apply for IIFT 2019 is a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least 50% aggregate marks.
- Candidates can download their Admit Card from the 2nd week of November 2019. IIFT Admit Card will contain details about the venue and timings of exam besides other particulars and no candidates will be permitted entry into the exam premises without hall ticket
- IIFT 2019 is expected to be conducted across 20 major cities across the country. The centres will be allocated based on choices filled in the online application form.
- IIFT Exam is conducted in offline mode and comprises 114 questions to be solved within a time frame of 2 hours. However, based on inputs from Prof. Manoj Pant, the exam is likely to be shifted to online mode.
- Candidates are shortlisted for the selection procedure based on their performance in the written test. IIFT 2019 Selection Procedure will include Group Discussion, Writing Skill Assessment and Personal Interview.
The article provides a comprehensive overview of IIFT Exam and all the related queries concerning application process, eligibility, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, result and selection procedure.
IIFT 2019 Important Exam Dates
The tentative schedule for IIFT Exam 2019 is mentioned in the table below. IIFT 2019 Application Form is expected to commence from the fourth week of July at xatonline.in. The hall tickets for successfully registered candidate will be issued in the second week of IIFT while IIFT 2019 Result will be declared online on or after first week of January 2020.
|IIFT Registration begins from||4th week of July 2019|
|Last date to apply for IIFT Application||2nd week of September 2019|
|Last date to request for Change of Exam Centre||1st week of November 2019|
|Release of IIFT 2019 Admit Card||2nd week of November 2019|
|IIFT 2019 Exam||1st week of December 2019|
|Declaration of IIFT 2019 Result||1st week of January 2020|
|IIFT 2019 Final list of Selected Candidates||2nd week of April 2020|
IIFT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
All the aspirants are advised to check eligibility guidelines filling the IIFT 2019 Application Form. Although the minimum eligibility is completing graduation in a relevant discipline, it is suggested to look through Eligibility Criteria for IIFT 2019 mentioned below:
- International students/Foreign Nationals/NRI Candidates/Children of NRIs can apply with a valid GMAT score only.
- No minimum/maximum age limit to appear in IIFT Exam.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Must obtain 50% aggregate marks to be eligible while reserved category candidates need to score 45% aggregate marks.
- Those appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for the exam.
IIFT 2019 Application Form
Candidates can fill IIFT 2019 Application Form starting 4th week of July 2019. The application form will be available online till the 2nd week of September 2019 after which no application form will be submitted. Application form can be submitted online as well as offline. The steps to apply IIFT 2019 Application Form are explained below:
Candidates can fill the application form online from the official website of IIFT. Given below are the steps to fill online application form candidates can check:
- Candidates can fill the online application form from the official website of IIFT
- Click on the link ‘Registration for IIFT Application.’
- Fill information such as Candidates Name, Date of birth and Email ID, etc.
- After filling all the credentials click on ‘submit’
- Login again for further process using the same credentials.
Filling details in IIFT Application Form
After successful fee payment candidates must fill the following details in the application form:
- Personal details
- Basic details
- Educational details
- Communicational details, etc.
Uploading of Images
Candidates must upload the scanned images of the following important documents after filling personal details in the application form:
- Upload a scanned image of photograph in JPG/JPEG format. Size of image must be less than 50 kb.
- Also upload a scanned image of signature in JPG/JPEG format. Size of image must be less than 50 kb.
Candidates can make the payment in online as well as offline. Payments can be done through
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
The application form is can be submitted in offline mode also for IIFT 2019. Given below are the steps candidates can follow to fill the application form.
- Purchase the application form from the IIFT centre.
- Send the duly filled application form to the examination authority.
- Candidates applying for reservation need to enclose their category certificate with the application form.
Candidates should send their application to the following address candidates can check:
Section Officer (GSD),
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
B- 21, Qutab Institutional Area,
New Delhi- 110016
Ph. 011-2685 7908
IIFT 2019 Application Fee Payment
Candidates can make application fee payment online as well as offline as per their convenience. IIFT 2019 Application Form cannot be completed unless the fee is successfully paid. Fee will not be refunded under any circumstance. For the online payment candidates will be redirected to the payment gateway page and can successfully pay the fee after logging into candidate’s portal.
Candidates can pay the application fee via various methods:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
- Demand Draft (drawn in the favour of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, payable at New Delhi.)
General category and OBC category candidates are required to pay INR 1550 as IIFT 2019 Application Fee. Reserved category candidates will get concession and are required to pay INR 775. Foreign national/ NRI/Children of NRI need to pay INR 4500 for IIFT Application fee. Given below is the fee for IIFT 2019 Application form candidates can check:
|General/ OBC||INR 1550|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||INR 775|
|Foreign National/NRI/Children of NRI||INR 4500|
IIFT 2019 Admit Card
IIFT will release the Admit Card in 2nd week of November 2019 on the official website. Admit card is an important document to be carried on the day of exam. Candidates will not be allowed inside the exam centre without the verification of IIFT Admit Card. It contains the important information such as examination date, time and venue and candidates detail. Candidates can download the IIFT 2019 Admit Card by simply following the steps mentioned below:
Given below are the steps to download IIFT 2019 Admit Card:
- Candidates can download their Admit Card from the official website of IIFT
- Click on the link ‘Admit Card’
- Enter required details such as registration number, name and date of birth, etc.
- Take print out of the Admit Card and preserve it for future references.
- Candidates should check the following information on Admit Card before taking the print out.
- Candidates Name
- Contact Details
- Candidates Photograph
- Candidates Signature
- Examination Centre
- Timing of the Exam
IIFT 2019 Exam Centre
Candidates can give their preferences for IIFT 2019 Exam Centre in the Application form from drop-down choices. Choose the exam centre near to your place and easy to reach. Given below are the choices available for exam centre candidates can check:
Once the final allotment is done no request for the change of admit card will be accepted. Candidates must reach the exam centre 1 hour prior to the exam timing.
IIFT 2019 Exam Pattern
IIFT 2019 exam is going to e conducted in offline mode i.e. pen and paper mode. The type of questions will be objective type i.e. MCQ based; candidates need to select a single answer from the available four choices. Exam will be conducted in English language only. Exam will be conducted for 100 marks.
|Exam Mode||Offline mode (Pen and Paper based)|
|Medium of question Paper||English|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Questions|
|No of sections||6|
|No. of Questions||114|
|Negative Marking||1/3rd mark|
Question paper will contain 114 questions divided in 6 sections. The exam is designed to check candidate’s aptitude in data interpretation, logical reasoning, general awareness, verbal ability, reading comprehension and quantitative aptitude. Given below is the section wise no. of questions candidates can check:
|Type||Section||No. of Questions|
|Section I||Data Interpretation||20|
|Section II||Logical Reasoning||20|
|Section III||General Awareness||18|
|Section IV||Verbal Ability||20|
|Section V||Reading Comprehension||16|
|Section VI||Quantitative Aptitude||20|
IIFT 2019 Marking scheme
IIFT 2019 is conducted for 100 marks which are divided in six sections. For every incorrect response candidate’s have to lose some marks. Given below is the section wise detailed division of marks candidates can check:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks/Question||Total Marks||Negative Marks/Question|
IIFT 2019 Syllabus
There is no fixed curriculum for IIFT 2019. However, candidate can check below the important topics that form the part of IIFT Syllabus.
|Logical Reasoning||Comparisons, Directions, Coding-Decoding, Deductions, Input & Output etc.|
|Data Interpretation||Bar Graph, Pie Chart, Table, Line Graph etc.|
|Verbal Ability||Grammar, Analogy, Spellings, Phrases, Synonyms, Antonyms, etc.|
|Reading Comprehension||Passages, Fill in the Blanks,|
|Quantitative Ability||Numbers, Geometry, Mensuration, Permutation & Combination etc.|
|General Awareness||Politics, Business, Economics, Banking, History, Geography, Sports etc.|
IIFT 2019 Result
IIFT Result will be declared by the examination authority in 1st week of January 2019. Candidates can check their result once it is uploaded from the official website. Candidates who manage to clear IIFT 2019 exam will be called for further process. Given below are the steps to check IIFT 2019 Result candidates can check:
- Visit the official website of IIFT.
- Click on the link of ‘Result’
- Provide the credentials like roll number, registration number and date of birth in the given space.
- Click on button ‘Submit’
- Download the result and take print out.
Details present on the scorecard:
- Name of the candidate
- Candidate’s rank
- Sectional score
- Overall score
- Sectional percentile
- Overall percentile
IIFT 2019 Cut Off
Given below are some of the factors affecting IIFT Cut-off candidates can check:
- Number of candidates registered
- Number of candidates appearing
- Difficulty level of question paper
- Competition level in other procedure
- Availability of seats in course
- Performance level of candidates
Expected Cut Off for IIFT 2019
|Category||Cut Off (Out of 100)|
IIFT 2019 Selection Procedure
Candidates are shortlisted for IIFT Selection Process based on their score in the written test. The selection process consist of essay writing, personal interview and group discussion. Final list of selected candidates is expected to be displayed in the 2nd week of April 2019. Given below is the selection procedure for IIFT candidates can check:
- Essay writing
- Personal Interview
- Group Discussion
Selection Procedure is expected to be conducted in all the major cities including Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad. The schedule for selection procedure will be announced after declaration of IIFT 2019 Result.
IIFT 2019 Counselling Process
The selected candidates will be called for counselling process. Candidates must bring all the required documents for the verification process to be carried out by the examination authority. Given below are the important documents required on the day of counselling candidates can check:
- Class 10th & 12th Mark Sheet
- Class 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet (all years)
- SC/ST/PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Character Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport size colored photograph
- IIFT Score Card
- Provisional Allotment Letter
IIFT 2019 Contact Details
Address: IIFT Bhawan
B-21, Qutab Institutional Area
New Delhi – 110016
Phone: +91-11-26965124, +91-11-26965051
ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test (IBSAT) is a university level entrance exam conducted by the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, Hyderabad for admission to postgraduate management programs such as MBA/PGPM programs offered by various ICFAI business schools. Post qualifying this exam, students will be admitted to IBS campuses located in Ahmedabad, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Pune & Dehradun.
IBSAT 2018 Official Notification will be released in the month of July. The exam will be conducted in online mode and the paper will consist of 125 MCQs to solved within a duration of 2 hours. IBSAT 2018 will be tentatively scheduled for the last week of December 2018 while the result is expected to be announced by the first week of January.
The syllabi for IBSAT comprise 4 sections namely Verbal Ability (VA), Reading Comprehensions (RC), Quantitative Aptitude (QA) and Data Adequacy/ Sufficiency and Data Interpretation (DA/ DI). Read on to get complete details on IBSAT 2018 Exam dates, application process, eligibility, scheme of examination, etc.
Highlights of IBSAT 2018
|Exam Name||ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Computer based|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes|
|Courses Offered||MBA and PGPM|
Programs Offered at ICFAI B-schools
ICFAI Business School Offers folowing MBA/PGPM and Ph.D Programs through IBSAT 2018 across its 9 campuses:
- 2-year MBA program at IBS Hyderabad, IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur campuses
- 2-year PGPM (Postgraduate Program in Management) are offered at 6 IBS campuses – Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune
- 4-year Ph. D program (Full Time/Part Time) at IBS Hyderabad
Important Dates for IBSAT 2018
The tentative schedule for IBSAT 2018 is mentioned in the table below. IBSAT 2018 Registration is tentatively scheduled to start from July 2018 in both online mode and offline mode.
|IBSAT 2018 Registration Starts||July 2018, 1st week|
|Last Date to Apply for IBSAT 2018||December 2018, 2nd week|
|Last date to apply to IBS with CAT/GMAT/NMAT scores||January 2019, last week|
|IBSAT exam dates||December 2018, 3rd week (4 days test window)|
|Declaration of result||January 2019, 1st week|
|Selection Briefings||January 2019, 2nd week|
|Selection Process (Start-End dates)||February 2019, 3rd week at 40 locations|
IBSAT 2018 Eligibility
The minimum eligibility to appear for IBSAT 2018 is a graduate degree in relevant discipline. For IBSAT, the three major eligibility requirements prescribed by ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education:
Graduate in any discipline
- Minimum eligibility criteria required is the graduation in any discipline with not less than 50 percent marks.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation are eligible to apply provided they are able to complete their graduation before May 31, 2019.
Minimum 15 years of study upto Graduation
- Candidate must have completed minimum 15 years of regular education i.e. 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis.
- Graduates with a course of one time sitting basis or on a two years basis will not be eligible.
- For PhD program besides the above mentioned requirement, 2 years full time Post Graduation in Management or other professional qualification like CA/ICWA with minimum 60% marks or equivalent will be required.
Education in English Medium or TOEFL/NELT/IELTS scores needed
- Candidates applying for IBSAT 2018 should ensure that they have studied with English as medium of instruction.
- Applicants not meeting the criteria of English as medium of instruction at undergraduate level are supposed to submit the TOEFL/NELT/IELTS score by May 31, 2019.
IBSAT 2018 Application Form
IBSAT 2018 application form is common for all IBS campuses like IBS Ahmadabad, IBS Bangalore, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Hyderabad, IBS Dehradun, IBS Jaipur, IBS Kolkata, IBS Mumbai, IBS Pune and for PhD program at IBS Hyderabad campus.
IBSAT 2018 Application will be available Online and Offline from July 2018.
- Online application will be available at IBSAT 2018 exam website
- After successful registration, candidates will receive a mail/SMS with details of application number and password.
- Offline Application will be available at the 50 IBS FTP Branches across India, to find the nearest branch at your location visit IBSAT 2018 website.
How to Register
Candidates need to go to IBSAT 2018 Registration form at IBSAT website to begin the Registration process:
IBSAT – 2018 Application Guidelines
- Prior to filling the online application, candidates must read the eligibility criterion on the website www.ibsindia.org and gather the information needed to complete the process.
- Candidate must have a valid email address, telephone number and address before you apply.
- Keep the marks sheets of X, XII, Graduation and any other professional qualification ready for calculating percentage of marks.
- In case an academic institution offers grade point averages (GPA), they need to be converted into percentage score as per the conversion scheme of that institution.
- If an institution does not have a conversion scheme for GPA, the equivalence has to be calculated by dividing obtained Cumulative GPA (CGPA) by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying by 100.
Details in IBSAT 2018 Application Form
Candidates can download in IBSAT 2018 Application form.
|Details Asked in IBSAT 2018 Application Form||Filling Criteria|
|Name of the Applicant||Enter name in not more than 50 characters|
|Gender of the Applicant||Choose gender among Male, Female or Transgender|
|Category||Choose your category from the drop-down list|
|Postal Address||Enter valid postal address|
|Academic Record||Enter your qualification of School/Intermediate and Degree in detail|
|Graduation Details||Fill the details such as Name of the University and College|
|Photograph||A recent colour photograph|
|Selection Process Venue & Date||Choose nearby Venue from the provided venue options|
|Test Score||Enter Other Test scores such as CAT, GMAT, IELTS if applicable|
Estimated time to complete this process: 20-30 minutes.
You have to apply for IBSAT 2018 by using the link www.ibsindia.org/ibsat2018
Guidelines for filling individual items
Please enter your Name as it appears in your academic records, DOB, Gender, Citizenship, Address, Email id and Contact number.
Please upload your photograph (Colour photograph – Full face till the shoulders) in jpeg or gif format. The photograph size should not exceed 25KB and should be approximately 140 – 160 pixels.
- Do specify how you wish to apply for the programs of IBS, through IBSAT 2018 or scores from 2016 onwards of GMAT®/CAT/NMAT by GMACTM.
- For PhD applicants : IBS Alumni/MPhil Degree holders/candidates qualified in UGC Net 2018 are exempted from IBSAT 2018.
- In case you are eligible for exemption under any of the above mentioned categories, please forward the scanned copy of score card/relevant certificate on email id [email protected]
IBSAT 2018 Registration
IBSAT 2018 Registration will begin in the first week of July. Candidates had to register both in online as well as offline mode.
IBSAT Online Registration
- Visit the official website of IBS i.e. ibsindia.org.
- Register with a valid email id. An email will sent to you after the registration with Application Number and Password.
- Login using the Application Number and Password.
- On entering a valid login ID and password you will be taken to the next section, which is “Change your password”.
- Fill all your personal/ academic details in the application form
- Upload scanned images of your photograph, signature, and marksheets.
- Pay the application fee.
- You will receive a confirmation email indicating your successful registration.
IBSAT Offline Registration
- Purchase IBSAT Application Form from designated centers of ICFAI Business School.
- IBSAT Bulletin can also be purchased at your nearest AXIS Bank branches.
IBSAT 2018 Application Fee
- The application fee for IBSAT 2018 is INR 1800 for all categories.
- Candidates can pay it online via credit card/ debit card or net banking (for online applicants).
- In case of offline application form, pay by cash at the designated center while buying IBSAT application form.
IBSAT 2018 Application Form Correction
Application form once submitted cannot be edited or corrected. So, candidates should enter the details correctly while filling the application form. Candidates should keep all the details and documents (as mentioned above) handy to avoid making errors during application.
IBSAT 2018 Slot Booking
- For IBSAT 2018, candidates are required to choose a date and time slot as per their preference.
- The selection should be made immediately, as the centers will be allotted on the first-come-first-serve basis.
- Steps to book a slot for IBSAT are following:
- Visit the official login page of IBSAT 2018 i.e. ibsindia.org.
- Enter your Application Number and Password.
- Choose the preference for IBSAT 2018 Exam Center from the drop-down list for Test centers.
- Select the city of your preference and fill the corresponding code in the blank space provided in the article.
- The next step is to select the date and time slot for IBSAT 2018. Only the available slots are displayed.
- Click on ‘Submit’ if all the details are correct.
- IBSAT 2018 Admit Card is auto-generated after submitting the choices.
IBSAT 2018 Admit Card
IBSAT 2018 Exam Admit card will be released on IBSAT website after successful submission of your application along with the IBSAT 2018 Registration and Application Fee.
Candidates will be able to view and download the IBSAT 2018 Admit card till their IBSAT exam day. The admit card contains Candidate’s Name, application details like Form No, Roll No, Test Date, Test Time and Test Venue Address. Candidate has to strictly follow the date and time allotted to him/her for the Computer Based IBSAT exam.
Steps to Download IBSAT Admit Card
- After clicking on IBSAT website, you need to take the following path from home page:
- Got to Registration, keep the cursor at registration but do not click
- Below registration there is icon of Admit card
- Click on Admit card and the login window will open
- Enter your application number and date of birth to have access to IBSAT Admit card
- You will be directed to the IBSAT admit card download page to save the soft copy on your system/device. IBSAT exam admit card is a mandatory document which you will have to carry at the IBSAT exam centre with your photograph and ID proof.
IBSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the IBSAT 2018 exam Pattern below:
- Testing Mode of IBSAT 2018: Online Computer Based Test
- IBSAT 2018 Testing Window: Exam will be conducted in a testing window of 4 days, in the 3rd week of December 2018.
- IBSAT 2018 Test Duration: The exam will be of 2 hours duration
- IBSAT 2018 Test Sections: The exam will be divided into 4 Sections
- Total Questions: 140
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
- Sectional Time Limit: No Sectional Time Limit. You can switch from one section to other within overall time limit of 2 hours
- Scoring Pattern: +1 Mark for each correct answer
- Negative Marking: No Negative marking is there in IBSAT
- Sectional Composition of IBSAT: The exam is divided into four sections – Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability and Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation.
Section wise division of questions is as under:
|IBSAT Exam Component||Number of Questions|
|Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation||30|
IBSAT 2018 Result
IBSAT Result will be released in the first week January 2019. Candidates can visit the official website (ibsindia.org) to download their scorecard.
The scorecard contains a candidate’s sectional and total marks obtained in the exam. Candidates clearing IBSAT Cut off will be called for further selection rounds (GD/PI).
How to Check IBSAT Result?
- Visit the official website of IBSAT 2018 i.e .ibsindia.org
- Click on the ‘IBSAT Results’ tab
- Enter your Application Number and Password
- View and Download IBSAT 2018 Scorecard
- Download it for further use
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) applications will be released by XLRI, Jamshedpur in August, 2019 for admissions to its MBA program. XAT 2019 Application Form can only be filled online. Registration process is expected to continue till November, 2019 (without late fee). Around, 90000 students are expected to register for XAT 2019.
XAT Registration and filling up the remaining form can be completed online only at xatonline.in. Candidates can submit a single application form only. The application fee is expected to be tentatively INR 1650/-.
Candidates must possess a graduate degree in a relevant discipline to register for XAT. The eligibility guidelines issued by XAT examination authority include the following:
- Graduation (Bachelors) of minimum three years duration in any discipline from a certified institute/ university.
- Final year students are eligible subject to the fact that their results are expected by June, 2019.
- Candidates from Kathmandu and Dubai can appear for the exam in their respective cities.
- Other foreign applicants will have to apply through GMAT.
XAT 2019 Application Form Highlights
The official schedule for registration and other exam related events is expected to be declared after release of official notification. However, based on previous year registration dates, XAT 2019 Application Form is tentatively going to be available online from the second week of August 2018.
|XAT 2019 Notification||August 2019|
|Commencement of registration||August 2019|
|Last date to register||November 2019|
|Last date to register with late fee||December 2019|
|XAT 2019 Admit Card||Last week of December 2019|
|XAT 2019 Examination||January 2020|
Steps to fill XAT Application Form
Candidates must visit official website of XAT 2019 to apply for the examination:
- Visit xatonline.in to register for the exam.
- A link for new registration will be available on the home screen.
- Enter name, email id and contact number for registration.
- A provisional XAT ID and Password will be available on the screen. Credentials will also be sent via email and SMS on the registered email ID and mobile number.
- Fill in the mandatory personal details- Name, Father’s/ Husband’s Name, Citizenship, Gender, Category, etc.
- Choose the program option- Business Management/ Human Resource Management/ General Management Program.
- Proceed to fill in qualification details.
- Provide details of work experience starting from the latest one.
- Click on ‘Validate Your Details’ tab and proceed by clicking Submit button.
- Qualification details must be same as mentioned in mark sheet. Any variation can lead to disqualification during the final phase of document verification.
- Upload the scanned copies of photograph and signature.
- Click on the Preview tab to get the preview before final submission of the application.
- Proceed to pay the application fee by clicking on Payment tab.
XAT Application Fee
The application fee for XAT 2019 and combined XAT and XLRI Programs is tabulated below for reference:
|XAT Application Fee (without late fee)||INR 1650|
|XAT Application fee (with late fee)||INR 2000|
|Candidates opting for XLRI program (without late fee)||INR 1650 + INR 300|
|Candidates opting for XLRI program (with late fee)||INR 2000 + INR 500|
Application fee can be deposited through both online and offline mode. For online mode details are stated below:
- Online payment can be made using Debit card, Credit cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards and Mobile Wallets.
- On successful completion of transaction, E-Receipt will be generated. In case of payment failure, no E-Receipt will be generated by the server.
- In case of transaction failure, candidates will have to log in again and make the payment.
- Candidates must take the print of e-receipt and the finally submitted application.
Offline XAT Application Fee Payment:
- Cash Mode
Candidates will have to download the Challan form and visit nearest branch of IDBI Bank to make payment. Bank’s copy will be retained by the bank. Candidates must ensure that they take Applicant’s copy from bank.
- Demand Draft
Applicants can submit a demand draft in favour of XLRI Jamshedpur payable at Jamshedpur. DD of any bank is acceptable for payment.
Note: After making payment though Demand Draft, candidates will have to log in again with the credentials received during registration and update the DD details which will include bank’s name and DD number.
Documents Required for XAT Application Form
Prior to completing registration online, candidates must keep the scanned copies of following documents handy. These documents will be required to be uploaded during the registration process. Also, candidates must have their mark sheets, to indicate the qualification details on the form.
- Passport size photograph
- Recent passport size coloured photograph.
- White background will be preferred.
- Dimension should be 200 X 230 pixels.
- Size should be between 20 KB and 50 KB.
- Format – JPG or JPEG
- Signature must be in black ink on white paper.
- Size should be between 10KB and 20 KB.
- Dimension should be 140 X 60 pixels.
Instructions for Uploading Photo & Signature
- Scanner resolution must be set to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Set Color to True Color.
- Follow the specifications for File Size..
- Image should then be cropped in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature. Further, use upload editor to crop the image to the final size.
- If you wear glasses make sure that there is no reflection.
- Eyes, nose, and hair of candidates should be clearly visible on the photo.
- Signature should be done only by the candidate and no other person.
- Candidates must be facing forward to the camera and their face should be clearly visible. Photographs where candidates are facing in some other direction will not be accepted.
- Adding filters or editing the photograph will result in cancellation of the application form.
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a national-level entrance examination for admission into Post Graduate Programs in Management. The test is administered by XLRI Jamshedpur on behalf of XAMI (Xavier Associate Management Institutes).
- The last XAT was held on January 7, 2018, and the next one is tentatively scheduled for January 6, 2019
- About 150 B-Schools including the XAMI member institutes across the country accept XAT scores for admission.
- Every year, about 90,000 candidates appear for XAT. Figures are expected to rise for XAT 2019.
- XAT is an online, computer-based test, having both objective and subjective type questions.
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
|Conducting Body||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|Programs Offered||PGDM (Human Resource Management)
PGDM (Business Management)
PGDM (General Management)
|XAT Eligibility||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Selection Process||Written Test, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview|
|XAT Helpline||Call: 1800 419 2929
Email: [email protected]
XAT Important Dates
XAT 2019 notification for registration is expected to be issued by XLRI by the 2nd week of August 2018. The dates for XAT 2019 is tabulated below. It is advisable to keep a tab on the official website for any further updates regarding the XAT schedule.
|Release of XAT 2019 Notification||2nd week of August 2018|
|Availability of XAT 2019 Online Application Form||3rd week of August 2018 – November 30, 2018|
|Availability of XAT 2019 Admit Card||3rd week of December 2018|
|XAT 2019 Exam Date||January 6, 2019|
|Announcement of XAT 2019 Result||By January 31, 2019|
The minimum eligibility to register for XAT is a graduate degree in a relevant discipline. Some of the important guidelines realted to XAT Eligibility Criteria are elaborated below:
- A Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3-years duration or equivalent in any discipline, from a recognized University.
- Applicants who are in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply.
- XLRI does not prescribe a minimum aggregate score in Graduation for XAT application.
- Indian nationals have to qualify XAT to seek admission into any one of XAMI member Institutes. Valid GMAT scores of international candidates are acceptable.
- There is no upper age limit for XAT nor is there any limit to the number of attempts.
XAT Application Process
XAT Application is an online process accessible through the official portal http://www.xatonline.in/
- Register on the official website with Applicant’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, and Email Address.
- A registration confirmation mail will be sent to applicant’s registered email ID containing a provisional XAT UID & Password.
- Login with the XAT UID and complete the application form with the required details.
- Upload scanned images of applicants’ recent color, passport-size photograph, and signature to the Application Form.
- Pay application fee in either online (Debit/Credit Cards or Internet Banking) or offline modes (Bank Challan/Demand Draft).
- Preview filled-in details and submit the form. Please note that once the Application form is submitted no request for any change in details in the form will be entertained.
- Post submission, a page will be displayed confirming the submission of the Application Form. It is advisable to obtain a print of this confirmation page for records.
XAT Application Fees
The tentative XAT 2019 Registration Fee is tabulated below:
|XAT Registration Fees||INR 1700|
|XAT Registration Fee (With Late Fee)||INR 2100|
XAT Admit Card
- XAT Admit Cards will have to be downloaded from the official website. Please note that there are no other means of obtaining the Admit Card.
- The Admit Card is a mandatory document to be kept safe until the admission process is over. The document has to be supported with a valid photo ID.
- The steps involved in downloading the XAT Admit Card are:
- Visit the official website.
- Select on “Download XAT Admit Card” tab.
- Enter applicant’s XAT UID and password to access the document.
- Thoroughly check the details printed on the XAT 2019 Admit card.
- Download, save and obtain prints of the admit card for future use.
Please note that in the case of any error or discrepancy in the details printed on the XAT 2019 Admit Card, applicants should immediately contact XAT Admissions Office at XLRI, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur 831001
XAT Exam Centers
XAT is held in about 49+ Indian locations apart from two international exam centers in Kathmandu and Dubai. XAT 2019 is also expected to be held in as many locations, if not more, to make the test more convenient and accessible for applicants. The exam center details will be printed on the XAT admit card.
XAT Exam Pattern
XAT paper is split into Part A and Part B with 78 questions in the former and 25 questions in the latter.
- Part A contains sections Verbal & Logical Ability, Decision Making, and Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation.
- Part B will have questions on General Knowledge and one essay-type question.
|NO. OF QUESTIONS||TOTAL TIME Allotted|
|Part A||Verbal & Logical Ability||24||170 minutes|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and||27|
|Part B||General Knowledge||25||35 minutes|
|Essay||1 Essay (200 words)|
XAT Exam Pattern Highlights
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||97 MCQs and 1 essay-type question|
|Duration of Exam||205 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||5|
|Marking Scheme||Part A: +1 for each correct answer; -0.25 for each wrong answer. 0.05 mark per question will be deducted if more than 12 questions are not attempted.
Part B: + 1 for each correct answer, no negative marking. 3 Marks Maximum for the essay.
There is no officially prescribed syllabus for XAT. Based on past trend of XAT question papers, an indicative list of topics covered in the test is tabulated below:
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||Time & Work, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Equations, Number system, Clocks, Geometry, Algebra, Mensuration, Venn Diagram, Tables, Charts, and Graphs|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||Vocabulary; Analogy; Para Jumbles, Para completion; Critical Reasoning; Statements-assumptions;|
|Decision-Making||Conditions and Grouping Test; Data Arrangement; Complex Arrangement; Decision Making in a given situation; Case Lets|
|GK||Economics, finance, national and international current affairs, and conventional GK|
XLRI Jamshedpur is expected to announce the XAT 2019 result online by January 31, 2019. XAT Scores are valid for 1 year. The XAT scorecard has to be downloaded from the official website in the following steps.
- Visit the official website.
- Click the Results tab to enter Login UID and password.
- The scorecard is displayed on-screen with marks secured section-wise as well as the overall rank.
- Download, save and print the scorecard for future use.
XAT Cut Off Score
- The cut-off score for XAT is the minimum percentile required to be scored to qualify the test.
- On the basis of the XAT Cut-Off, candidates will be shortlisted for further rounds of selection for admission.
- XAT Cut-off varies for different programs offered by XLRI, Jamshedpur. Other participating institutes also have their individual cut-off scores.
The minimum percentage required for being considered for the different programs at XLRI is tabulated here:
|Program Offered||Verbal and Logical Ability||Decision Making||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||Overall (Percentage/ Marks)|
|Human Resource Management||79.67%||71.628%||70.07%||92.55%|
|General Management Program||5 marks and above||5 marks and above||6 marks and above||22 marks and above|
XAT Selection Procedure
XLRI does not organize any centralized counseling procedure after XAT. Candidates are required to apply individually to their institute of choice. They are shortlisted for admission by the respective institutes on the basis of XAT cut-off score, performance in the GD/PI round and the final merit list by the institute in question.
XAT Merit List
XLRI prepares the XAT Merit List by assigning weights to the different components of the test as tabulated below.
|Essay, GK, Academic profile, work-experience||15%|