Home » Syllabus
Category Archives: Syllabus
Common Admission Test (CAT) is the most promising entrance exam for the postgraduate management courses offered at the various Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) across the country. Here you will get CAT Section wise syllabus @iimcat2018.in. CAT exam pattern depends on various parameters such as the mode of exam, subjects within the syllabus and marking scheme.
The IIMs consider solely the CAT scores for offering admissions to their courses. There is no weightage of the graduation or work experience for the candidates seeking admissions in IIMs. Also, over 100 top B-schools across the country use CAT scores for offering admissions to their management courses.
CAT 2017-2018 has been conducted by IIM Lucknow for admission to the academic year 2018-2019, and the exam was conducted on November 26, 2017. This article discusses about the information related to the CAT exam pattern.
CAT 2017 Syllabus
CAT 2017 syllabus consisted of three sections, Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, and Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation.
The core concepts of the Quantitative Aptitude section included Geometry, HCF & LCM, Averages, Trigonometry, Algebra, Partnership (Accounts), Mensuration, Profit & Loss, Time-Speed-Distance, Ratios and Proportion, In-equations Quadratic and linear equations, Surds and Indices, Number system, Geometric Progression, Inequalities, Work and time, Percentages and Logarithms. (more…)
CAT 2018 Syllabus is not based on a particular curriculum. The syllabus is designed to test candidates’ demonstrable understanding and aptitude in three distinct topics/subject areas – Quantitative Aptitude (QA), Verbal Ability (VA), Data Interpretation (DI) & Logical Reasoning (LR).
Here are the key components of CAT Syllabus 2018:
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA) tests concepts from topics covered in Mathematics up to the level of 10th grade.
- Verbal Ability (VA) is focused on testing candidates’ basic understanding of English Language (ability to read and comprehend long paragraphs from varying genres, high-schools grammar and composition, identify the logic in sentence constructions).
- Data Interpretation (DI) & Logical Reasoning (LR)
- Data Interpretation essentially includes data in the form of tables, charts and graphs based on which candidates have to submit responses.
- Logical Reasoning involves different types of puzzles. Topics covered in this section are detailed below.
People Also Read About
Since graduates from all disciplines are allowed to participate in CAT, there in no specifically defined syllabus so students can prepare for basic 10+2 level Mathematics, Reasoning and English Language application-based problems and compete on an equal footing.
There will be a total of 100 questions distributed among the three sections according to CAT Exam Pattern. Questions are of both MCQ and Non- MCQ based nature, so students must work on improving their speed along with analytical thinking ability. Total marks allotted for CAT 2018 exam are 300 and students are advised to carefully analyze all the key topics from CAT 2018 Syllabus to maximize scoring opportunities.