The registration process for Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 has begun. Candidates can now register for CAT 2018 by visiting the official website, www.iimcat.ac.in. The last date to complete the registration process is September 19, 2018. Common Admission Test (CAT) will be held at test centres across 147 cities. Candidates will have the option to select four cities for test preferences. Indian Institute of Management shall allot candidates’ first preference as far as possible.
Candidates who want to appear for CAT 2018 must satisfy the eligibility criteria set up by the conducting authority. In this article, we are providing all the aspirants with a complete checklist and guidelines for CAT 2018 Application Form.
Important Dates for CAT 2018
Candidates planning to apply can acquaint themselves with the complete schedule for CAT 2018.
|CAT 2018 Registration Begins||August 8, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Registration Ends||September 19, 2018 17:00 hours|
|CAT 2018 Admit Card Download||October 24 to 25, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Exam Date||November 25, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Results||Second week of January 2019|
|Scorecard Validity||December 31, 2019|
Get latest news and updates of CAT 2018 by entering your details in below given form:
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The most important thing to check off in your list prior to applying for CAT 2018 is the eligibility criteria. All applicants must meet the eligibility guidelines set up by the conducting authority of CAT 2018, IIM Calcutta. It is mandatory to fulfil the eligibility conditions before applying for the management entrance exam.
As per the notification, basic eligibility criteria are:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates in final year/semester are eligible.
- A relaxation of 5% marks is awarded to candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD categories.
- There is no restriction on age or number of attempts.
- Candidates of foreign origin fulfilling CAT Eligibility Criteria can also apply.
Pre-Requisites for CAT Registration
Candidates applying for CAT 2018 must ensure that they have a working mobile number and email address with them before beginning the registration process. Given below is the list of documents and details required before beginning with the CAT 2018 Registration Process:
- Valid email address and mobile phone number
- Marksheet of Class X, XII, graduation and/or other equivalent exams
- Details of work experiences (if any)
- Scanned images of photograph and signature
- Scanned copy of category certificate (if any)
- Bank details (credit card, debit card or net banking) for payment of Application fees
- Preferences for Exam center city
Steps to Register and Complete Application Process
CAT 2018 Application window opened on August 8, 2018, and the last date to apply will be September 19, 2018. The application window will close at exactly 5:00 PM on the last date. Candidates must ensure that they fill the application form within the given time-frame.
For the ease of applicants, here are steps to follow to complete CAT 2018 Application process:
- Go to the official CAT 2018 website i.e. www.iimcat.ac.in
- Click on the ‘New Candidate Registration’ and then click on ‘Register’
- Read the instructions and proceed.
- Enter all mandatory details asked in the form i.e. Name, DOB, Mobile Number, Country and Email Address to generate OTP and complete CAT 2018 Registration.
- Enter the OTP and click on Validate OTP and submit after entering the Captcha Code.
- Accept the Declaration and submit CAT Registration Form.
- After submission, a message will be sent on the registered mobile number containing the user ID and Password, also an email will be sent to the given email address with the same details.
- Click on ‘Go to Application Form’ to fill CAT Application Form.
- Use the login credentials to sign in
- Fill in all the required details in the Application form.
- Candidates will have to fill following in detail: Personal Details, Academic History, Work Experience, Program Preference, Choice of examination center, Uploading of signature and photograph, and Payment of Application Fee
- Candidates will have to submit the application form by clicking “Submit and Pay” to be redirected to the payment window.
- The fee can be paid in online mode only.
- After payment, candidates applying for CAT 2018 will receive a confirmation mail on the registered email id.
Documents to be uploaded
Candidates have to upload the following documents during CAT 2018 Application process:
- A scanned image of passport size photograph within the dimensions of 35mm X 45mm.
- A scanned image of the signatures within dimensions of 80mm X 35mm.
- Images should be in .jpg or .jpeg format with file size of maximum 80 kb.
- Candidates belonging to different categories will have to upload the category certificate in a pdf format, with attested signatures of the concerned authorities.
CAT 2018 Application Fee
The application fee for CAT 2018 is different for different categories, the details are mentioned below:
|Category||Fee (in INR)*|
|Non-Creamy layer OBC||1900/-|
(*fee excluding transaction charges)
CAT 2018 Form Correction
In case, candidates have made any mistake while filling CAT 2018 Application Form, the same can be corrected before the online payment. However, after submission of CAT Application Form, there will be a limited time window during which the details can be modified.
Candidates can only edit a few fields of information like Percentage of Marks scored, Work Experience, Programmes Selected etc.
Things to Know for CAT Applicants
Preference of selecting four cities
From the year 2018, candidates will get preference to select four cities where the exam centre located in order of preference. However, candidates will not be able to select the session of the examination as it will be assigned randomly
Candidates have to pay the registration fee through online payment modes only, which will include credit cards, debit cards and net banking.
Test Format to available from October 17, 2018
The conducting authority will release CAT 2018 Test format and Tutorial for the same, to understand the format of the test on the CAT website from October 17, 2018.
CAT 2018 examination will be of 180 minutes duration and candidates will be allotted 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they will be restricted to switch from one section to another. The questions will be in three sections
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability
Jawaharlal Nehru University(JNU), Delhi starting this year will also accept CAT scores for admission in the School and Management and Entrepreneurship programme at the University.