CAT 2018 is scheduled on Sunday, November 25 in two sessions. The exam will be tentatively conducted in almost 374 test centres located in 147 cities of the country. All the candidates are expected to be aware about the documents required on the day of the exam.
IIM Calcutta, the organizing authority for CAT this has repeatedly emphasized in their press releases and notifications about do’s and don’t for exam day. On November 23, official SMS alerts were sent on the registered mobile numbers of all applicants concerning documents requirements on CAT Exam Day for candidates with medical problems. Check Guidelines for CAT Exam Day 2018
Earlier, IIM Calcutta had also issued a CAT 2018 Test Day Help Guide for all the applicants along with official media release. All the document requirements for CAT 2018 Exam Day are clearly mentioned in the test day guide.
Get latest news and updates of CAT 2018 by entering your details in below given form:
Documents Required on CAT 2018 Exam Day
The list of important documents for CAT 2018 Exam Day are mentioned below for reference of candidates. Failing to comply with the documents requirement of CAT 2018 can lead to unnecessary delay or disqualification:
Latest News Updates
- New Courses Expected from IIMs in the 2019-21 Session
- JNU MBA Admissions (2019-21) – Last Date to Apply March 01
- XAT 2019 Paper Analysis: Check Section-Wise Analysis Here
- IIM Calcutta Mentorship Programme 2019: Know Complete Details
- IIM Raipur PGPM Admission for Working Executives, Apply Before Jan 10
- Carry CAT 2018 Admit Card on exam day after affixing a recent passport size photograph (same photograph as uploaded in CAT Application Form).
- Valid ID Proof – Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Voter Card, any other valid proof with photo affixed on it.
- CAT 2018 Scribe Affidavit – PwD candidates opting for scribe need to bring the affidavit in stipulated format, duly signed by the candidate and scribe.
- CAT 2018 Authorization Form – Candidates have to carry authorization form if they want to carry any prohibited item inside the exam lab, particularly for candidates with medical issues.
- Medical Certificate – Candidates with Metal Implants or Pacemaker are required to carry the medical certificate in required format to the exam centres.
(Note:- These candidates need to share their medical certificate in proper format with CAT centre @ [email protected] The centre will issue the certificate in this regard after verifying all the details.)
- Exception Form – The “Exception Form” is a documents where the candidates need to sign under exceptional circumstances in the exam hall. The same will be provided at the exam lab only and invigilators will guide through the process. Decision of the authority shall be treated as final in this regard.
Earlier, SMS Alerts were also send out regarding list of prohibited items to be avoided at the centre at all cost on the registered mobile number of applicants.
CAT 2018 Exam Day Document Verification
All the candidates will have to go through the frisking and document verification at CAT 2018 Exam Centres:
- All the candidates will be checked via hand-held metal detectors (male and female candidates will be frisked separately).
- Candidates are only allowed to carry admit card, photo identity proof, medical certificate and scribe affidavit (if required) beyond the frisking point.
- Any other items from the above mentioned items will be kept aside at this point unless candidate produces a valid authorization letter issued by CAT centres. No facility for safekeeping of candidates’ personal belongings will be available.
- All the required documents will be verified at the Document Verification Desk by the personnel. CAT 2018 Admit Card, any valid photo id proof and any other document (if required) must be produced in original at the desk.
- Post verification candidates will be send for entry into the exam lab. Candidates may be asked to remove their footwear at this moment.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the exam lab after this point before end of exam except few exceptional situations.
- Next, biometrics of the candidates will be captured by the invigilators.