ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test (IBSAT) is a university level entrance exam conducted by the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, Hyderabad for admission to postgraduate management programs such as MBA/PGPM programs offered by various ICFAI business schools. Post qualifying this exam, students will be admitted to IBS campuses located in Ahmedabad, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Pune & Dehradun.
IBSAT 2018 Official Notification will be released in the month of July. The exam will be conducted in online mode and the paper will consist of 125 MCQs to solved within a duration of 2 hours. IBSAT 2018 will be tentatively scheduled for the last week of December 2018 while the result is expected to be announced by the first week of January.
The syllabi for IBSAT comprise 4 sections namely Verbal Ability (VA), Reading Comprehensions (RC), Quantitative Aptitude (QA) and Data Adequacy/ Sufficiency and Data Interpretation (DA/ DI). Read on to get complete details on IBSAT 2018 Exam dates, application process, eligibility, scheme of examination, etc.
Highlights of IBSAT 2018
|Exam Name||ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Computer based|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes|
|Courses Offered||MBA and PGPM|
Programs Offered at ICFAI B-schools
ICFAI Business School Offers folowing MBA/PGPM and Ph.D Programs through IBSAT 2018 across its 9 campuses:
- 2-year MBA program at IBS Hyderabad, IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur campuses
- 2-year PGPM (Postgraduate Program in Management) are offered at 6 IBS campuses – Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune
- 4-year Ph. D program (Full Time/Part Time) at IBS Hyderabad
Important Dates for IBSAT 2018
The tentative schedule for IBSAT 2018 is mentioned in the table below. IBSAT 2018 Registration is tentatively scheduled to start from July 2018 in both online mode and offline mode.
|IBSAT 2018 Registration Starts||July 2018, 1st week|
|Last Date to Apply for IBSAT 2018||December 2018, 2nd week|
|Last date to apply to IBS with CAT/GMAT/NMAT scores||January 2019, last week|
|IBSAT exam dates||December 2018, 3rd week (4 days test window)|
|Declaration of result||January 2019, 1st week|
|Selection Briefings||January 2019, 2nd week|
|Selection Process (Start-End dates)||February 2019, 3rd week at 40 locations|
IBSAT 2018 Eligibility
The minimum eligibility to appear for IBSAT 2018 is a graduate degree in relevant discipline. For IBSAT, the three major eligibility requirements prescribed by ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education:
Graduate in any discipline
- Minimum eligibility criteria required is the graduation in any discipline with not less than 50 percent marks.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation are eligible to apply provided they are able to complete their graduation before May 31, 2019.
Minimum 15 years of study upto Graduation
- Candidate must have completed minimum 15 years of regular education i.e. 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis.
- Graduates with a course of one time sitting basis or on a two years basis will not be eligible.
- For PhD program besides the above mentioned requirement, 2 years full time Post Graduation in Management or other professional qualification like CA/ICWA with minimum 60% marks or equivalent will be required.
Education in English Medium or TOEFL/NELT/IELTS scores needed
- Candidates applying for IBSAT 2018 should ensure that they have studied with English as medium of instruction.
- Applicants not meeting the criteria of English as medium of instruction at undergraduate level are supposed to submit the TOEFL/NELT/IELTS score by May 31, 2019.
IBSAT 2018 Application Form
IBSAT 2018 application form is common for all IBS campuses like IBS Ahmadabad, IBS Bangalore, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Hyderabad, IBS Dehradun, IBS Jaipur, IBS Kolkata, IBS Mumbai, IBS Pune and for PhD program at IBS Hyderabad campus.
IBSAT 2018 Application will be available Online and Offline from July 2018.
- Online application will be available at IBSAT 2018 exam website
- After successful registration, candidates will receive a mail/SMS with details of application number and password.
- Offline Application will be available at the 50 IBS FTP Branches across India, to find the nearest branch at your location visit IBSAT 2018 website.
How to Register
Candidates need to go to IBSAT 2018 Registration form at IBSAT website to begin the Registration process:
IBSAT – 2018 Application Guidelines
- Prior to filling the online application, candidates must read the eligibility criterion on the website www.ibsindia.org and gather the information needed to complete the process.
- Candidate must have a valid email address, telephone number and address before you apply.
- Keep the marks sheets of X, XII, Graduation and any other professional qualification ready for calculating percentage of marks.
- In case an academic institution offers grade point averages (GPA), they need to be converted into percentage score as per the conversion scheme of that institution.
- If an institution does not have a conversion scheme for GPA, the equivalence has to be calculated by dividing obtained Cumulative GPA (CGPA) by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying by 100.
Details in IBSAT 2018 Application Form
Candidates can download in IBSAT 2018 Application form.
|Details Asked in IBSAT 2018 Application Form||Filling Criteria|
|Name of the Applicant||Enter name in not more than 50 characters|
|Gender of the Applicant||Choose gender among Male, Female or Transgender|
|Category||Choose your category from the drop-down list|
|Postal Address||Enter valid postal address|
|Academic Record||Enter your qualification of School/Intermediate and Degree in detail|
|Graduation Details||Fill the details such as Name of the University and College|
|Photograph||A recent colour photograph|
|Selection Process Venue & Date||Choose nearby Venue from the provided venue options|
|Test Score||Enter Other Test scores such as CAT, GMAT, IELTS if applicable|
Estimated time to complete this process: 20-30 minutes.
You have to apply for IBSAT 2018 by using the link www.ibsindia.org/ibsat2018
Guidelines for filling individual items
Please enter your Name as it appears in your academic records, DOB, Gender, Citizenship, Address, Email id and Contact number.
Please upload your photograph (Colour photograph – Full face till the shoulders) in jpeg or gif format. The photograph size should not exceed 25KB and should be approximately 140 – 160 pixels.
- Do specify how you wish to apply for the programs of IBS, through IBSAT 2018 or scores from 2016 onwards of GMAT®/CAT/NMAT by GMACTM.
- For PhD applicants : IBS Alumni/MPhil Degree holders/candidates qualified in UGC Net 2018 are exempted from IBSAT 2018.
- In case you are eligible for exemption under any of the above mentioned categories, please forward the scanned copy of score card/relevant certificate on email id [email protected]
IBSAT 2018 Registration
IBSAT 2018 Registration will begin in the first week of July. Candidates had to register both in online as well as offline mode.
IBSAT Online Registration
- Visit the official website of IBS i.e. ibsindia.org.
- Register with a valid email id. An email will sent to you after the registration with Application Number and Password.
- Login using the Application Number and Password.
- On entering a valid login ID and password you will be taken to the next section, which is “Change your password”.
- Fill all your personal/ academic details in the application form
- Upload scanned images of your photograph, signature, and marksheets.
- Pay the application fee.
- You will receive a confirmation email indicating your successful registration.
IBSAT Offline Registration
- Purchase IBSAT Application Form from designated centers of ICFAI Business School.
- IBSAT Bulletin can also be purchased at your nearest AXIS Bank branches.
IBSAT 2018 Application Fee
- The application fee for IBSAT 2018 is INR 1800 for all categories.
- Candidates can pay it online via credit card/ debit card or net banking (for online applicants).
- In case of offline application form, pay by cash at the designated center while buying IBSAT application form.
IBSAT 2018 Application Form Correction
Application form once submitted cannot be edited or corrected. So, candidates should enter the details correctly while filling the application form. Candidates should keep all the details and documents (as mentioned above) handy to avoid making errors during application.
IBSAT 2018 Slot Booking
- For IBSAT 2018, candidates are required to choose a date and time slot as per their preference.
- The selection should be made immediately, as the centers will be allotted on the first-come-first-serve basis.
- Steps to book a slot for IBSAT are following:
- Visit the official login page of IBSAT 2018 i.e. ibsindia.org.
- Enter your Application Number and Password.
- Choose the preference for IBSAT 2018 Exam Center from the drop-down list for Test centers.
- Select the city of your preference and fill the corresponding code in the blank space provided in the article.
- The next step is to select the date and time slot for IBSAT 2018. Only the available slots are displayed.
- Click on ‘Submit’ if all the details are correct.
- IBSAT 2018 Admit Card is auto-generated after submitting the choices.
IBSAT 2018 Admit Card
IBSAT 2018 Exam Admit card will be released on IBSAT website after successful submission of your application along with the IBSAT 2018 Registration and Application Fee.
Candidates will be able to view and download the IBSAT 2018 Admit card till their IBSAT exam day. The admit card contains Candidate’s Name, application details like Form No, Roll No, Test Date, Test Time and Test Venue Address. Candidate has to strictly follow the date and time allotted to him/her for the Computer Based IBSAT exam.
Steps to Download IBSAT Admit Card
- After clicking on IBSAT website, you need to take the following path from home page:
- Got to Registration, keep the cursor at registration but do not click
- Below registration there is icon of Admit card
- Click on Admit card and the login window will open
- Enter your application number and date of birth to have access to IBSAT Admit card
- You will be directed to the IBSAT admit card download page to save the soft copy on your system/device. IBSAT exam admit card is a mandatory document which you will have to carry at the IBSAT exam centre with your photograph and ID proof.
IBSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the IBSAT 2018 exam Pattern below:
- Testing Mode of IBSAT 2018: Online Computer Based Test
- IBSAT 2018 Testing Window: Exam will be conducted in a testing window of 4 days, in the 3rd week of December 2018.
- IBSAT 2018 Test Duration: The exam will be of 2 hours duration
- IBSAT 2018 Test Sections: The exam will be divided into 4 Sections
- Total Questions: 140
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
- Sectional Time Limit: No Sectional Time Limit. You can switch from one section to other within overall time limit of 2 hours
- Scoring Pattern: +1 Mark for each correct answer
- Negative Marking: No Negative marking is there in IBSAT
- Sectional Composition of IBSAT: The exam is divided into four sections – Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability and Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation.
Section wise division of questions is as under:
|IBSAT Exam Component||Number of Questions|
|Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation||30|
IBSAT 2018 Result
IBSAT Result will be released in the first week January 2019. Candidates can visit the official website (ibsindia.org) to download their scorecard.
The scorecard contains a candidate’s sectional and total marks obtained in the exam. Candidates clearing IBSAT Cut off will be called for further selection rounds (GD/PI).
How to Check IBSAT Result?
- Visit the official website of IBSAT 2018 i.e .ibsindia.org
- Click on the ‘IBSAT Results’ tab
- Enter your Application Number and Password
- View and Download IBSAT 2018 Scorecard
- Download it for further use