IIFT 2019 successfully on December 02, 2019 in pen and paper based mode. The exam was a moderate to difficult level exam according to most experts and students. Candidates with a score of 33-34 are expected to clear IIFT Cut Off this year.
IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade) offers prestigious MBA in International Business at its Delhi & Kolkata Campus and candidates are admitted to the course based on their merit in the entrance test. IIFT Result 2019 is announced on January 17 and shortlisted candidates will now appear for the second round of admission comprising three stages – Essay Writing, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview.
- IIFT 2019 is expected to be conducted across 20 major cities across the country. The centres will be allocated based on choices filled in the online application form.
- IIFT Exam is conducted in offline mode and comprises 114 questions to be solved within a time frame of 2 hours. However, based on inputs from Prof. Manoj Pant, the exam is likely to be shifted to online mode.
- Candidates are shortlisted for the selection procedure based on their performance in the written test. IIFT 2019 Selection Procedure will include Group Discussion, Writing Skill Assessment and Personal Interview.
The article provides a comprehensive overview of IIFT Exam and all the related queries concerning application process, eligibility, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, result and selection procedure.
Get latest news and updates of CAT 2018 by entering your details in below given form:
IIFT 2019 Important Exam Dates
The tentative schedule for IIFT Exam 2019 is mentioned in the table below. IIFT 2019 Application Form is expected to commence from the fourth week of July at xatonline.in. The hall tickets for successfully registered candidate will be issued in the second week of IIFT while IIFT 2019 Result will be declared online on or after first week of January 2020.
|IIFT Registration begins from||4th week of July 2019|
|Last date to fill IIFT Application Form||September 16, 2018|
|Last date to request for Change of Exam Centre||1st week of November 2018|
|Release of IIFT 2019 Admit Card||November 16, 2018|
|IIFT 2019 Exam||December 02, 2018|
|Declaration of IIFT 2019 Result||1st week of January 2019|
|Last date to apply for NRIs/Foreign Nationals||February 15, 2019|
|IIFT 2019 Final list of Selected Candidates||2nd week of April 2019|
IIFT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
All the aspirants are advised to check eligibility guidelines filling the IIFT 2019 Application Form. Although the minimum eligibility is completing graduation in a relevant discipline, it is suggested to look through Eligibility Criteria for IIFT 2019 mentioned below:
- International students/Foreign Nationals/NRI Candidates/Children of NRIs can apply with a valid GMAT score only.
- No minimum/maximum age limit to appear in IIFT Exam.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Must obtain 50% aggregate marks to be eligible while reserved category candidates need to score 45% aggregate marks.
- Those appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for the exam.
IIFT 2019 Application Form
Candidates can fill IIFT 2019 Application Form starting 4th week of July 2019. The application form will be available online till the 2nd week of September 2019 after which no application form will be submitted. Application form can be submitted online as well as offline. The steps to apply IIFT 2019 Application Form are explained below:
Candidates can fill the application form online from the official website of IIFT. Given below are the steps to fill online application form candidates can check:
- Candidates can fill the online application form from the official website of IIFT
- Click on the link ‘Registration for IIFT Application.’
- Fill information such as Candidates Name, Date of birth and Email ID, etc.
- After filling all the credentials click on ‘submit’
- Login again for further process using the same credentials.
Filling details in IIFT Application Form
After successful fee payment candidates must fill the following details in the application form:
- Personal details
- Basic details
- Educational details
- Communicational details, etc.
Uploading of Images
Candidates must upload the scanned images of the following important documents after filling personal details in the application form:
- Upload a scanned image of photograph in JPG/JPEG format. Size of image must be less than 50 kb.
- Also upload a scanned image of signature in JPG/JPEG format. Size of image must be less than 50 kb.
Candidates can make the payment in online as well as offline. Payments can be done through
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
The application form is can be submitted in offline mode also for IIFT 2019. Given below are the steps candidates can follow to fill the application form.
- Purchase the application form from the IIFT centre.
- Send the duly filled application form to the examination authority.
- Candidates applying for reservation need to enclose their category certificate with the application form.
Candidates should send their application to the following address candidates can check:
Section Officer (GSD),
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
B- 21, Qutab Institutional Area,
New Delhi- 110016
Ph. 011-2685 7908
IIFT 2019 Application Fee Payment
Candidates can make application fee payment online as well as offline as per their convenience. IIFT 2019 Application Form cannot be completed unless the fee is successfully paid. Fee will not be refunded under any circumstance. For the online payment candidates will be redirected to the payment gateway page and can successfully pay the fee after logging into candidate’s portal.
Candidates can pay the application fee via various methods:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
- Demand Draft (drawn in the favour of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, payable at New Delhi.)
General category and OBC category candidates are required to pay INR 1550 as IIFT 2019 Application Fee. Reserved category candidates will get concession and are required to pay INR 775. Foreign national/ NRI/Children of NRI need to pay INR 4500 for IIFT Application fee. Given below is the fee for IIFT 2019 Application form candidates can check:
|General/ OBC||INR 1550|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||INR 775|
|Foreign National/NRI/Children of NRI||INR 4500|
IIFT 2019 Admit Card
IIFT will release the Admit Card in 2nd week of November 2019 on the official website. Admit card is an important document to be carried on the day of exam. Candidates will not be allowed inside the exam centre without the verification of IIFT Admit Card. It contains the important information such as examination date, time and venue and candidates detail. Candidates can download the IIFT 2019 Admit Card by simply following the steps mentioned below:
Given below are the steps to download IIFT 2019 Admit Card:
- Candidates can download their Admit Card from the official website of IIFT
- Click on the link ‘Admit Card’
- Enter required details such as registration number, name and date of birth, etc.
- Take print out of the Admit Card and preserve it for future references.
- Candidates should check the following information on Admit Card before taking the print out.
- Candidates Name
- Contact Details
- Candidates Photograph
- Candidates Signature
- Examination Centre
- Timing of the Exam
IIFT 2019 Exam Centre
Candidates can give their preferences for IIFT 2019 Exam Centre in the Application form from drop-down choices. Choose the exam centre near to your place and easy to reach. Given below are the choices available for exam centre candidates can check:
Once the final allotment is done no request for the change of admit card will be accepted. Candidates must reach the exam centre 1 hour prior to the exam timing.
IIFT 2019 Exam Pattern
IIFT 2019 exam is going to e conducted in offline mode i.e. pen and paper mode. The type of questions will be objective type i.e. MCQ based; candidates need to select a single answer from the available four choices. Exam will be conducted in English language only. Exam will be conducted for 100 marks.
|Exam Mode||Offline mode (Pen and Paper based)|
|Medium of question Paper||English|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Questions|
|No of sections||6|
|No. of Questions||114|
|Negative Marking||1/3rd mark|
Question paper will contain 114 questions divided in 6 sections. The exam is designed to check candidate’s aptitude in data interpretation, logical reasoning, general awareness, verbal ability, reading comprehension and quantitative aptitude. Given below is the section wise no. of questions candidates can check:
|Type||Section||No. of Questions|
|Section I||Data Interpretation||20|
|Section II||Logical Reasoning||20|
|Section III||General Awareness||18|
|Section IV||Verbal Ability||20|
|Section V||Reading Comprehension||16|
|Section VI||Quantitative Aptitude||20|
IIFT 2019 Marking scheme
IIFT 2019 is conducted for 100 marks which are divided in six sections. For every incorrect response candidate’s have to lose some marks. Given below is the section wise detailed division of marks candidates can check:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks/Question||Total Marks||Negative Marks/Question|
IIFT 2019 Syllabus
There is no fixed curriculum for IIFT 2019. However, candidate can check below the important topics that form the part of IIFT Syllabus.
|Logical Reasoning||Comparisons, Directions, Coding-Decoding, Deductions, Input & Output etc.|
|Data Interpretation||Bar Graph, Pie Chart, Table, Line Graph etc.|
|Verbal Ability||Grammar, Analogy, Spellings, Phrases, Synonyms, Antonyms, etc.|
|Reading Comprehension||Passages, Fill in the Blanks,|
|Quantitative Ability||Numbers, Geometry, Mensuration, Permutation & Combination etc.|
|General Awareness||Politics, Business, Economics, Banking, History, Geography, Sports etc.|
IIFT 2019 Result
IIFT Result will be declared by the examination authority in 1st week of January 2019. Candidates can check their result once it is uploaded from the official website. Candidates who manage to clear IIFT 2019 exam will be called for further process. Given below are the steps to check IIFT 2019 Result candidates can check:
- Visit the official website of IIFT.
- Click on the link of ‘Result’
- Provide the credentials like roll number, registration number and date of birth in the given space.
- Click on button ‘Submit’
- Download the result and take print out.
Details present on the scorecard:
- Name of the candidate
- Candidate’s rank
- Sectional score
- Overall score
- Sectional percentile
- Overall percentile
IIFT 2019 Cut Off
Given below are some of the factors affecting IIFT Cut-off candidates can check:
- Number of candidates registered
- Number of candidates appearing
- Difficulty level of question paper
- Competition level in other procedure
- Availability of seats in course
- Performance level of candidates
Expected Cut Off for IIFT 2019
|Category||Cut Off (Out of 100)|
IIFT 2019 Selection Procedure
Candidates are shortlisted for IIFT Selection Process based on their score in the written test. The selection process consist of essay writing, personal interview and group discussion. Final list of selected candidates is expected to be displayed in the 2nd week of April 2019. Given below is the selection procedure for IIFT candidates can check:
- Essay writing
- Personal Interview
- Group Discussion
Selection Procedure is expected to be conducted in all the major cities including Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad. The schedule for selection procedure will be announced after declaration of IIFT 2019 Result.
IIFT 2019 Counselling Process
The selected candidates will be called for counselling process. Candidates must bring all the required documents for the verification process to be carried out by the examination authority. Given below are the important documents required on the day of counselling candidates can check:
- Class 10th & 12th Mark Sheet
- Class 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet (all years)
- SC/ST/PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Character Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport size colored photograph
- IIFT Score Card
- Provisional Allotment Letter
IIFT 2019 Contact Details
Address: IIFT Bhawan
B-21, Qutab Institutional Area
New Delhi – 110016
Phone: +91-11-26965124, +91-11-26965051