The registration window for JNU MBA Admission for 2019-21 batch has already started from January 20. The first batch will comprise 50 students in its newly established Atal Bihari Vajpayee School of Management and Entrepreneurship. Students will be shortlisted for selection process based on CAT 2018 Scores.
Jawahar Nehru University will offer this two year post graduate management programme based on CAT scores and scores obtained by candidates in selection process in 70:30 ratio. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their performance in CAT 2018 are called for the interview round at the University campus. IIMs won’t play any role in the entire admission process.
Candidates can complete the application process online till March 01. The selection process will be organised by JNU on April 15, 16 and 18. The final list of selected students for admission to this year’s MBA batch will be announced on April 26.
For filling up application form, candidates need to visit the online website of JNU and then register themselves. Thereupon, candidates will be required to fill out rest of the details on the form and mention their CAT Registration Number.
Latest News Updates
- New Courses Expected from IIMs in the 2019-21 Session
- JNU MBA Admissions (2019-21) – Last Date to Apply March 01
- XAT 2019 Paper Analysis: Check Section-Wise Analysis Here
- IIM Calcutta Mentorship Programme 2019: Know Complete Details
- IIM Raipur PGPM Admission for Working Executives, Apply Before Jan 10
No “additional deprivation points will be taken into consideration” since MBA is a “professional course” (as applicable on some other courses). However, the reservation will be enforced as the guidelines of the central government.
To get any kind of technical assistance during submission of application form, candidates can send their email at [email protected] or call at +91-8480933058. In case of admission related queries, please contact [email protected] or call at 011-26704047/48.
IIM Selection Process
Meanwhile, all the IIMs have rolled out their admission guidelines and schedule for all management aspirants. CAT 2018 Result was announced on January 05 and candidates are shortlisted for the next round of IIM Selection Process based on your CAT Percentile.
However, there is no centralized counselling process for admission to IIMs or other popular b-schools and candidates have to apply individually to each institute. Here are some key facts for IIM Selection Process based on CAT 2018 score:
- Established IIMs such as IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Calcutta, IIM Bangalore conduct their separate selection rounds.
- Newly established IIMs such as IIM Sirmaur, IIM Jammu and IIM Nagpur will not conduct any selection rounds and will rather select candidates based on CAT 2018 Percentile and candidates’ overall profile.
- Other IIMs conduct Common Admission Process (CAP) Rounds.
- Common WAT (Written Aptitude Test) and PI (Personal Interview) rounds will be conducted for shortlisted group of students by every participating institute.
- Representative members from each institute will assess candidates separately during these rounds. Based on the performance, institutes will publish their own selected list of students separately based on their own selection criteria.
All the IIMs and other top b-schools are in the process of shortlisting candidates based on their performance in CAT 2018 and publishing their schedule for conducting selection rounds.