With CAT 2018 scores will also be accepted by the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) so that students can get admission in the School and Management and Entrepreneurship program at JNU. CAT is a Common Admission Test conducted by various IIMs. The scores of CAT are accepted by premier B-schools around the country.
JNU is the new entrant in the list of non-IIMs who will accept CAT scores for admission to the MBA program. From the next year, JNU will accept the CAT scores. July 2019 session will be the flagship year for the MBA program at JNU.
This year IIM Calcutta will conduct the exam on November 25, 2018, in around 147 cities across the country in two sessions. The examination registration starts from August 8, 2018, and will continue till September 19, 2018. The student will get their admit card on October 24, 2018. The admit card can be downloaded from the official website i.e. www.iimcat.ac.in.
For appearing in the CAT Exam, students have to fill an application form. For SC, ST and PWD candidates application fee is INR 950/- and for all other category candidates application fee is INR 1000/-.
Important Dates for CAT 2018
|CAT 2018 Registration starts from||August 08, 2018|
|Registration Ends on||September 19, 2018|
|Availability of Admit card||October 25, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Examination Date||November 25, 2018|
|Declaration of Result||Second Week of January 2019|
Here’s what VC of JNU Tweeted
JNU joins the Common Admission Test 2018 (CAT 2018), conducted by IIMs, for admission in School of Management and Entrepreneurship in JNU starting from July 2019 session. Details at: https://t.co/5zkiR0Sh4H pic.twitter.com/OGZd1Hjy56
— Mamidala Jagadesh Kumar (@mamidala90) July 30, 2018
Courses offered by IIM
- The list of courses offered by IIM are indicated below:
- Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management
- Post Graduate Programme in Management
- Post-Graduate Programme in Food and Agribusiness Management
- Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management
- Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets
Eligibility Criteria of CAT 2018
- Applicants must complete Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks and 45% marks for the students belong to SC, ST, PWD category
- Students appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree examination and waiting for their result can also apply for the exam.
- Such students, if selected, will only join the program, if they submit the certificate from the Principal/ Registrar of the university, stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the degree.
CAT Examination Pattern
Understanding examination pattern in advance is key to understand about the types of questions asked in the exam, difficulty level of the paper and others.
- The total time allocated to complete the exam is 180 minutes and 60 minutes is allocated for answering the question in each section.
- The three sections in which paper is divided are Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability.
- The paper consists of 100 questions.
- CAT examination is a computer-based test
- For each correct answer, 3 marks will be allocated
- For the wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted
- Students cannot switch to another section until they finish one section
To ace a tough entrance such as CAT, students must know the examination syllabus in advance. Applicants must make sure that they have prepared each and every topic of the syllabus. The syllabus for the CAT exam is shown in the following table:
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Vocabulary|
|Fill in the Blanks|
|Syllogism & Logical Consistency|
|Idioms and Phrases|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||Tables|
|Reasoning Based DI|
|Directions & Routes|
|Games & Tournaments|
|Coding & Decoding|
|Cubes & Dices|
|Statements & Arrangements|
|Profit, Loss & Discount|
|Mixtures & Allegations|
|Ratios & Proportions|
|Time, Speed & Distance|
|Clocks & Calendars|
|Time & Work|
|Permutation & Combination|