Home » Posts tagged 'CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria'
Tag Archives: CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
CAT Eligibility Criteria comprises several aspects including academic qualification, age limit and nationality. All the management aspirants applying for CAT must carefully go through the prescribed eligibility guidelines. The minimum eligibility requirements mandate completing graduation in a relevant discipline.
Any verification of documents will be only conducted at the time of selection process or later. However, failure to meet criteria any any stage will lead to rejection of candidature. CAT (Common Admission Test) is the gateway to Postgraduate Management Programs offered by IIMs and other top-notch B Schools. In this article you will get detailed information about CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria.
Important Highlights for CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Some of the important guidelines for CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria are highlighted below:
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to fill CAT Application Form.
- All aspirants must possess a graduate degree in a relevant discipline or its equivalent from a UGC recognized institution or organization.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of their qualifying examination are eligible to apply for CAT 2018.
- Minimum 50% is required in the qualifying degree examination while for reserved category candidates (SC/ST/Physically Disabled), requirement of marks is relaxed to 45%.
- No bar on age limits is applicable as per the guidelines issued by CAT convening authorities.
- Candidates who have completed the degree requirements and waiting for the result or appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam can apply subject to fulfilling Bachelor’s degree cutoff and other factors within the stipulated schedule notified by IIMs and other participating institutes.
- CA/CS/ICWA professional degree holders are also eligible to apply.