Home » Posts tagged 'IIM Calcutta'
Tag Archives: IIM Calcutta
IIM Calcutta, the organising authority of the CAT 2018 exam, will also coordinate the registration process for Non-IIM institutions. All such institutions will be able to use the scores of CAT 2018 for offering admissions to the students in the Post Graduate Management courses (like PGDBM and MBA) for the batch starting from 2019.
This change will provide a centralised platform for those students who were earlier required to appear in multiple entrances to get admission to the management courses in various institutions. It would also save their time and effort in registering for multiple management entrances and preparing differently based on their pattern.
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been issued and posted on the official website of confirming this agreement. Additionally, IIM Calcutta has also opened the registration process for the non-IIM institutions who are planning to use CAT 2018 scores of the candidates for offering them admissions to their courses.
Such non-IIM institutions will be able to fill and submit their application form latest by July 25, 2018. The next section takes you through the process of registering for using the CAT 2018 examination scores by the non-IIM institutions.
Registration Process for Non IIMs
Registering for using the CAT 2018 Scores for Offering Admissions by Non-IIM Institutions
The management of the non-IIM institutions needs to follow the simple steps mentioned below to complete registration process:
- Download the MOU and the registration form from the official website of IIT Calcutta – https://www.iimcal.ac.in/.
- Pay the registration fee on the behalf of the non-IIM institution in the account details provided in the MOU.
- Fill the MOU and application form and e-mail the scanned copies of the duly filled application form along with the required documents to the e-mail Id mentioned in the MOU. Note that the filled application form and MOU must be signed by the designated authorities and stamped in the name and registration number of the institution.
- Send the original duly filled, signed and stamped MOU (2 copies), application form (1 copy), and the hardcopies of the required supporting documents at the admission office of IIM Calcutta. The address is specified in the MOU.
- Once the registration process is successful, the non-IIM institution will be informed by the IIM Calcutta. Post then, the institute will receive section-wise scores and percentile of the candidates qualifying the CAT 2018 exam.
Those non-IIM institutions, which have already registered for CAT 2017 and want to use the CAT 2018 examination scores, need to pay the annual registration fee of INR 2,25,000/- + 18% GST. The registering institution needs to pay this fee through bank transfer, the details of which are mentioned in the MOU.
Those non-IIM institutions, which have not registered for CAT 2017, will need to pay the one-time non-refundable membership fee of INR 75,000/- + 18% GST along with the annual registration fee of INR 2,25,000/- + 18% GST. This amount sums at INR 3,00,000/- + 18% GST.
Documents Required by the Non-IIM Institutions
The non-IIM institutions need to submit the following documents along with their application form:
- The non-IIM institutes, which want to use the CAT 2018 examination scores, need to submit the copy of their accreditation certificate authorised by AICTE, MHRD, or another equivalent statutory accreditation authority. Those B-schools, which have already applied for obtaining the accreditation certificate are also eligible for getting CAT 2018 scores of the qualifying students.
- The non-IIM institutions, which are registered as a university through the act of State Legislatures or Parliament of India, or are declared as a deemed university under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, need to submit a copy of documentary evidence.
- Additionally, any registering non-IIM institution or university must submit the following documents:
- A copy of their course brochure or pamphlet for the records of IIM Calcutta.
- A copy of their advertisement notification in any newspaper offering the admissions to their courses through the CAT 2018 scores.
Indian Institute of Management cut off is the minimum marks needed by a candidate to get shortlisted for the subsequent rounds for selection. The concerned authorities of IIM, Calcutta hold the responsibility to release the cut off list online post declaration of IIM results in 2018. Candidates will be granted admissions based on the cut off defined by the Calcutta campus of IIM.
IIM Calcutta cut off is 90 percentiles approximately for the General category candidates. It has been observed that the overall cutoff has remained constant over the past few years. However, it might vary for other categories candidates.
The selection procedure, although, includes several other steps to get admission in IIM, Calcutta such as short-listing for Personal Interview and WAT (Written Ability Test), work experience and reservation policy. This exam is considered as a gateway for admissions in various field of Management with promising academic quality and placements.
Factors Affecting IIM CALCUTTA Cut Off
The authorities will neither consider 12th standard marks nor graduation marks for calculating IIM Calcutta rank. The rank acquired by candidates in the respective entrance examination will be considered for the cut-off which clearly indicates that they must perform their best for securing a good rank in IIM 2018. Hence, IIM Calcutta cut off will be decided on the following basis:
- Previous year’s cut off
- Number of candidates appearing for the exam
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Number of seats vacant for admissions